Colobot Forum - International Colobot Community

Full Version: Compilating translations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now for translating game we're using a po4a, which binaries are only available for Linux, and compilation for Windows is very complicated or even impossible (i've tried, stucked when compiling dependencies), so Windows users cannot compile translations for a game.
We should think about new translation system, or somehow make binaries po4a for Windows.
Any ideas?
Change a translational tool? (Much work with changing the format of the files probably)
Provide packages and make that they are downloaded during compilation? (Translators won't have a possibility to test their translations in a Windows environment)
Let's try to compile it together? <3 (Probably won't work)

Nothing else comes to my mind.
(01-07-2015, 07:31 PM)Simbax Wrote: [ -> ]Much work with changing the format of the files probably
Do you mean with or without? gettext file format is pretty popular, it should be possible to find a tool that supports it.

(01-07-2015, 07:31 PM)Simbax Wrote: [ -> ]Provide packages and make that they are downloaded during compilation?
That's not really a good option

(01-07-2015, 07:31 PM)Simbax Wrote: [ -> ]Translators won't have a possibility to test their translations in a Windows environment
We'll probably set up Pootle or some other tool that works like that
I don't know how translations work (it's not my job anyway). I only know that po4a doesn't work on Windows which is not good for a "multiplatform, open source" game in my opinion.

I just want to allow Windows users to compile the whole game and the only thing they can't "compile" right now are translations or whatever po4a is for.
We now use Python instead of po4a, so this thread can be closed.