Colobot Forum - International Colobot Community

Full Version: User levels after 0.1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What exactly needs to be changed after the 0.1.8 update? I haven't played it yet but I do recall you guys mentioning something about updating user levels after the next update or they'll stop working.
https://github.com/colobot/colobot/issues/759

Just run the levels and if something is wrong, you'll get an error message or warnings in the logs.
Yes, very interesting. I read what you wrote in github about the endmission pos= problem.

I will probably have to check my levels and see if anything has changed.

Another interesting thing i found is that when looking for uranium ore or nuclear cells in the "Amber" missions the wingedgrabber goes to pos 0:0 and tries to find something there even when there is nothing.  

It would be good if whoever wrote userlevels would add a note to say who they were so that we can give them credit if we use their stuff or modify their levels to use on later versions of colobot.

maybe this should be another thread?

thanks
kevinvr

Ok my apologies.
I see it has been reported in github.
https://github.com/colobot/colobot/issues/832
- Colobot crash on loading saved mission #832

I will also try it again with a clean install of 0.1.8 alpha, windows installer on windows 10.

kevinvr
(09-27-2016, 02:05 AM)kevinvr Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, very interesting. I read what you wrote in github about the endmission pos= problem.

I will probably have to check my levels and see if anything has changed.

Another interesting thing i found is that when looking for uranium ore or nuclear cells in the "Amber" missions the wingedgrabber goes to pos 0:0 and tries to find something there even when there is nothing.  

It would be good if whoever wrote userlevels would add a note to say who they were so that we can give them credit if we use their stuff or modify their levels to use on later versions of colobot.

maybe this should be another thread?

thanks
kevinvr

Ok my apologies.
I see it has been reported in github.
https://github.com/colobot/colobot/issues/832
- Colobot crash on loading saved mission #832

I will also try it again with a clean install of 0.1.8 alpha, windows installer on windows 10.

kevinvr

I did these levels. I guess they need a compatibility update then. I'll try to update them. Is it related to how the scene files should be referenced? Any news on these uranium issues? Which mission do you mean? Maybe wasp dropped stolen nuclear cell near an Alien Ant near these coordinates?

Edit: I'll test the missions myself and see what I can do. Now I can only say that at least endmission take looks properly, I updated it some time ago, when it became deprecated.
Also for some of my missions, uranium ore or nuclear cells will be spawned randomly by scripts, or in fixed positions to end the game. I used it sometimes so that more complex win conditions can be defined by script with many radar checks etc, and if its correct, some rare item or just something uncommon for given level like uranium ore is spawned at certain location, and in the scene file it was declared a "win condition" for it to be present on the map, and the mission ends. VTS simulations end when you have uranium, and it is spawned when convoy reaches finish, or all your bots are destroyed or sth.

Edit 2: Not sure what you mean, you pointed to a github issue with save game reading problems - which would mean that save games are not compatible from version to version, whereas levels are playable and correct. Edit 3: I tested all Amber levels in 0.1.8 with wheeled/tracked grabbers looking for uranium ore or nuclear cells, but I cannot reproduce your error. Sad Levels launch for me normally, and bots behave normally. Therefore, I'm not updating anything for now.
[Image: oh1hmu.jpg]
Works correctly, cannot find nuclear cells or uranium ores.

Also it would be great if you used some of my levels for future game versions! Big Grin Just make sure to read the credits.txt - there are sources to some of the stuff, and if you intend to sell it in future you might want to change some music and textures. I edited those, but a keen eye can spot that backgrounds are based on Homeworld 2 textures, and some music though edited, should not be sold I guess. Feel free to use the cbot code of ants, wasps, and bots, and ideas of wasps stealing, bots herding, alien cooperation, weird bot wariants, multiple win conditions, etc.
Also im looking for work as a level/content designer. Srsly. Currently, as a hobby I'm working on 20+ minor vanilla friendly mods for Rimworld game.
(09-29-2016, 11:57 AM)True Destroyer Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what you mean, you pointed to a github issue with save game reading problems - which would mean that save games are not compatible from version to version
It's very likely that the save games are not compatible between versions (both game versions and level versions), especially binary CBot save files. If you desperately need to load old saved games, try removing cbot.dat or whatever it was called in directory of that particular save file.
Thanks for all your hard work and help krzys_h. 
Thank you for your patience and for answering my questions. 
Please excuse me if I am not as articulate as I should be.
We (the users and players) do appreciate that you are keeping this wonderful game going.

I fixed the dist=8.0 in the Amber sandbox mission and now it works fine and loads after saving.

I do find some levels are still crashing while playing them.
It could be my computer or something else.
I am not good at programming so I wouldn't know where to look for problems.
I have reloaded 0.8.1 alpha and am playing the missions one by one.
I also re-downloaded all your levels and stuff.

Really looking forward to 0.9 !! Smile

Mission 6.2 crashed while shooting ants. 
I added my screenshot of the error message.
These problems will probably be sorted in 0.9.1

Thanks again!
(10-03-2016, 02:08 PM)kevinvr Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed the dist=8.0 in the Amber sandbox mission and now it works fine and loads after saving.

Weird... I guess I should change it in the future, also wow, thanks for tracking down the issue! You mean, that dist=8 in scene file did not work for you, while dist=8.0 did? Will put .0 in future versions (if I manage to release any).