Colobot Forum - International Colobot Community

Full Version: Error 998
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi There,
I have just downloaded "colobot-gold-0.1.9-alpha-win-installer" and installed it. 
Then it started and gave me the following error:

LoadLibrary failed with error 998:Invalid access to memory location.
I have a HP Probook with windows 10(64bit)

I could be doing something wrong.  
I am now downloading the "colobot-gold-0.1.9-alpha-win64" and will try that to see if that works better.

OK, I downloaded "colobot-gold-0.1.9-alpha-win64" and ran it and also got the " LoadLibrary failed with error 998:Invalid access to memory location" error.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
What exactly model of HP ProBook is that? And what is your graphic card and drivers? Windows 10 with generic graphic drivers have some strange problems with OpenGL applications.
Hi RaptorParkowsky
Here is my system information.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-FF222R9
System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP ProBook 455 G3
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU W4E07UT#ABA
Processor AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date HP N79 Ver. 01.09, 1/21/2016
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 146.71
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\windows
System Directory C:\windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10240.16392"
User Name DESKTOP-FF222R9\kevin
Time Zone Paraguay Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.4 GB
Available Physical Memory 11.3 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.9 GB
Page File Space 2.88 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Please let me know if you need any other info.
Is there something I can download to make OpenGl work?

Thanks
I'm not an expert at all, but that line "PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View" usually means you need admin access to install something.
(11-13-2016, 09:04 PM)crassius Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not an expert at all, but that line "PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View" usually means you need admin access to install something.

Thanks Crassius. I always right click and choose "Run as Administrator" when installing.

Do you think I need to do something else?
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
at this point, I'm lost - try the guys doing the developing to see if anyone else is getting that
1. Update your AMD graphics drivers to the newest version.
2. Turn off all Antiviruses and similar software and see if it works. They may be blocking some piece of DLL for some reason.
(11-15-2016, 09:19 AM)Simbax Wrote: [ -> ]1. Update your AMD graphics drivers to the newest version.
2. Turn off all Antiviruses and similar software and see if it works. They may be blocking some piece of DLL for some reason.

Thanks for the help. I did try that. I have the latest AMD Drivers, turned off windows defender, and shut down all online stuff, but I still get the same error.
I will wait for further advice from the programmers as you suggest.

Thanks so much for the willingness to help anyway!
Have a great day!
My advice(an advice from a like-to-coder) :Maybe check out the site http://www.kernel.org. I think you can get a dll called kernel32.dll, needed for some programs and might help.
EDIT:I checked the site out myself and it was for linux, strange that a windows PC had a crash message, that it failed to link to kernel32.dll.
(11-16-2016, 05:45 PM)LRV Wrote: [ -> ]My advice(an advice from a like-to-coder) :Maybe check out the site http://www.kernel.org. I think you can get a dll called kernel32.dll, needed for some programs and might help.
EDIT:I checked the site out myself and it was for linux, starnge that a windows PC had a crash message, that it failed to link to kernel32.dll.

Thanks to everyone for being so willing to help.

I found the answer on Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/218820/dis...766882300/

There was some old clutter in my registry from old AMD drivers and DDU cleaned it out. (Well that is what I am assuming  Smile )
I downloaded "colobot-gold-0.1.9-alpha-win-installer" and it started up showing me the 15th Anniversary Screen, Yay!!!.

Thanks again everyone!
Have a great week!
(11-16-2016, 05:45 PM)LRV Wrote: [ -> ]My advice(an advice from a like-to-coder) :Maybe check out the site http://www.kernel.org. I think you can get a dll called kernel32.dll, needed for some programs and might help.
EDIT:I checked the site out myself and it was for linux, starnge that a windows PC had a crash message, that it failed to link to kernel32.dll.

Windows have different kernel than Linux, site with Linux kernel's source have nothing to do with kernel32.dll.