Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

Just like they gave up concept with BuilderBots, that we might implement in story. I don't know how one or two head models could spoil the plot.
Well, female characters doesn't really fit to Colobot and even GOLD. Even EPSITEC itself came to that conclusion and only trace of that is little mention about that in original Colobot GDD and two female head 3D models without texture. We can still see how she was looking like, but only in original MAX file miniature.
After half year I finally figured how to install chrome on linux and it didn't even work
Linux in general is hell
Binaries on Linux are hell. That's why there exist packages like deb, rpm etc.
@RaptorParkowsky : OMG SO CHAUVINISM HURR GENDER NEUTRALITY HURR INEQUALITY DURR
There's no place for woman in space. At least in Colobot 1 story.
They might not work with exact version of libc, kernel or another library
@RaptorParkowsky : Not exactly, because these libs also have some dependencies.
@radioactivity : female models might be introduced in future. And attack helicopters... when we'll have everything out-of-source then maybe somebody might do such mod.
About debug builds: if static compilation of every build is so non-optimal, wouldn't placing all required and updated libs into another not-so-often rebuilded package in our debug GOLD download page be solution for this problem?
What about models for attack helicopters?
What about models for female players?
Hey, Astronaut has only male models
Especially release builds should be static compiled. The game should start instantly after download and decompressing package on most Linux distros without messing with terminal or other software managers. Especially if you can read about all needed libs and how to install them only on GitHub's readme.
I don't even know how to keep such things always up to date on Mint.
I have installed all necessary libs, but it looks like after recent changes with compile bot they aren't enough fresh. Static compilation is really needed.
@RaptorParkowsky : I think it depends if you have installed all necessary libs and if they are available in repository
I'm ready to test recent GOLD build. @krzys_h : Can I download binary withou any risk that there's some missing libraries for Linux?
@DavivaD : are you using Radeon? I think that lagging at gl33 happen only on these GPU.