Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

I'm really consider installing my second HP L1710 monitor as the secondary on my machine. Just curious how it is working with multiple monitors before I actually buy new that have minimum FullHD or 2K resolution.
Please fix this...
3k points in raptr... http://i.imgur.com/NF83TO1.png
I've noticed today the existence of so called lists on Twitter. I have no idea what they exactly are, but I've created a list of TerranovaTeam members: https://twitter.com/ColobotGame/lists/terranovateam
About this #SoundInSpace issue in Colobot - well, I guess this can stay like it is now. Colobot is somehow similar franchise to Star Wars, Starship Troopers and other space operas, where sounds indeed can be heard in space.
But you could still use old programs in old missions care-free, that's what I meant
If you use old program in new mission, yes
that breaks backwards compatibility too, some older programs may try to access this data and crash
As for retobject(), as I said, new tag wouldn't technically hide object from it, only it's data. So you can use retobject() to check if certain object exists, but you can't actually get it's position until you discover it
The thing with proxyActivate is, it either plays annoying animation when object is discovered or prevents object from being detected at all
actually, doesn't destroying objects do the same already?
#terriblemultithreadingdesign
And implementing hiding from retobject() might be a bit hard. The objects on that list are sorted by their internal ID, and if the robot in the middle becomes visible, that will make all robots currently iterating through the retobject list read one of the objects twice because the whole list will shift by one.
This is already possible with proxyActivate. It doesn't hide it from retobject() though.
Note 1: hiding object's data instead of hiding object from radar prevents from using other methods of accessing data (such as retobject()). Note 2: It allows 100% backwards comaptibility
Better alternative would be adding new tag to maps, like "unknowntobots" which hides object's data from robots until: 1) You build radar station; 2) You discover it (get 15m close or something)
you can put a restriction on radar range (limit it to 100 metres only for example). But please do it under new function like radarsearch() and present it to player instead of radar(), as changing it will hinder compatibility with 99% of alien scriptsTongue and make radar() join the list of hidden cheat commands.
But you can just build Power Station, refill battery and use radar()
3-3 mission is ridiculous, when you try to do it "code only" - When you follow human way (Build Converter -> Convert Titanium -> Build Power Station -> Build Radar Station -> Bring Black Box) it's impossible to do