Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

"Save Unicorns that's are attacked by nasty Ants." - Seems legit... Well, I guess I should get used to that idea...
Imagine mission like Saari-style invasion, in which instead of defending yourself, you defend some majestic creature from being slaughtered and eaten by ants Big Grin
Exactly! Now with plot background like that, we could increase variety of planets by adding new species of Aliens, without interfering with concept of Insects as main antagonists
On old PPC I once shared this idea with my Colobot 2 proto-script. Only without local life on the planets. They're colonizing just like us, only in their organic way.
It would be pretty slick way to explain alien genocides we commit on every planet, because alien insects, as invaders, are danger to local environment, an humans, as force that bring rightness to universe, fights them to protect local environments from degradation
They (somehow) travel to other planets, wipe local life and take that planet over
However, there are also Alien Insects
Every planet has it's own environment, with it's own animals and plants
I was thinking about something like this
It's strange, but we can somehow explain that in GOLD. Colobot: Gold Edition is a good opportunity to establish whole Colobot's franchise.
And even stranger that every planet we visit, including Earth is inhabited by same species of flora
I mean, It's pretty strange that every planet we visit, excluding Earth is inhabited by same species of fauna
Well, when I speak about core design, I really mean "Robots, programming and space". That's what most people appreciate Colobot for, I don't think for alien insects specifically
Let me try with another phrase. Hoover!
I've said "destroy" and @True_Destroyer appeared. Magic!
What would be lore friendly and what is possible with current resources and could use some separate models is the idea to have Bot antagonists, for example shooter like robots. I use regular non selectable ones in my userlevels for exampleSmile
Alien Insects also are in core design. Another generic race would destroy originality of this universe. Only insects or plants.
Honestly though, even in C2, I'd like to keep Alien Insects as main antagonists
However, Colobot 2 is not bound to original in any way but core design, hence it would be easy to justify adding plenty of new aliens, not necessarily insects
I think it would be harder to do in C-Gold, since we'd need to keep it close to original Colobot. Even if we were to add new alien in C-Gold, it would need to be another Insect, because anything else would be awkward design wise