Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

I'm just leaving it here so you can procrastinate while watching a TED talk about procrastination. https://youtu.be/arj7oStGLkU
@RaptorParkowsky 1. 1000 fps * 2. Portal is one of the rare exceptions where the OpenGL port is actually better than the DirectX one. Valve cares because of their Steam OS, other companies not really.
For now we're limited by available engines, models should look good on newer engines, but also looks acceptable on gl14.
And there's no need for super high-poly models. You just need to texture them properly. Leave the rest to the game engine.
Modern games use modern features. Like dynamic tesselation. I know some of you think this might be hard, but even games like Colobot can use such features.
I don't know how it looks like in today's AAA productions, but in games I've seen weren't beveled, they were still quite low-poly (more detailed than my models I think, but still low-poly), whole effect was done by smooth lighning, shadowing etc. And I'm sure they didn't have bevels x10
My models still somehow sucks though... There's so much to learn before I'll start making Aliens and Dinosaurs in 3D :/
And you guys once said to me that even modern games have no bevel in the models and making models for GOLD this way would require hi-end computer or even "SuperSonic Quantum Atom 3000 Computer" to make it render stable at 30fps...
plot twist - Aperture Science cooperated with NASA in making stuff for mission
BTW Portal 2: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.co...1489096D3/ - The part where
Spoiler :
you discover the old Aperture Science test chambers
somehow is looking familiar to Colobot stuff design.
the actually is a button "mark all as read"
We don't but it would be cool
duh sorry
do we have something like that?
Maybe checkboxes to mark selected threads as read?
@Simbax : Don't say that ~150 fps in the Portal 2 on high-details in my case is somehow 10-100 times worse than on Windows D: . Is that mean on Windows I can achieve, well, ~10 000 fps?!!!? D:
From what I know, Hobbit and Gravity speciall effects were made in Linux, so I don't think it suck as much
do the unread topics disappear after a set amount of time or do i really need to go through each one of those to clear my list of unread posts? -.-