Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

next laptop i buy will not have AMD card
Linux sucks for anything related to graphics, deal with it. Drivers suck and performance is 10-100 times worse than on Windows. There are improvements since Steam OS came out, but it's still far from being decent.
@RaptorParkowsky still better than me Tongue I have an Intel/ATI hybrid and need to reboot each time i want to switch, eventually gave up and i'm playing games on windows only
The good thing is that I can actually use both Intel and Nvidia GPUs just like on modern hybrid laptops. The bad thing is that I must enter my admin password twice (root operation + re-logging) while switching GPUs, but I can survive that.
I have to say that Mint's repo isn't CUDA friendly... Argh, why these packages are always somehow incompatible?! Yesterday I broke for a moment Xserver because of this damn thing. Probably I have to install old Nvidia driver to make it working without huge Linux knowledge.
The hardest mission in the game is the hospital... Damn, too big map, too many mortals and too much randomness in A.I. to save the ghosts. The last missions are actually really easy once you figure them out. The mission with skeletons in the first act was one of the bad ones too, luring the stupid mortals is such an irritating task... That's the main problem with the game, the most time you spend trying to lure these dumb humans instead of actual scaring. And lack of any hints makes it really hard to figure out the strangely constructed puzzles without using a walkthrough. Not even mentioning the hidden ghosts. It's still a fun game though.
Not that great really, it has many bugs and design problems, but the concept is good enough. If they polished it and made it longer it would be a great and wildly popular game!
Every time I play that game I get stuck in the late levels. I picked steam version a while ago by didn't have a chance to check it yet. Great game tho.
I had once a video on disk. When eveything started to make it clear, movie was corrupted
Dat spoiler tag in SB O_o
Not the exact moment, it is kind of random... Every ghost from the game is
Spoiler :
descending into the light
and it crashes after 5-10.
Well, we can make next GOLD build that will crash every time when you kill the AlienQueen...
@radioactivity That's the evilest thing I can imagine
"...let's plays end suddenly in the same moment when it crashes which is odd..." - Odd? This is creepy as hell! D: . Long time ago, when I had my old Pentium III 1GHz, I was playing survival horror game ("The Thing" from 2002 i believe), and it also was crashing every time at the end fight with the final boss. So... there is "best horror games crashes at the end" cliche?
Also I think I've stabilized the situation with my studies for a while so I'll start working on the programming course soon hopefully.
I might record a walkthrough because this game is hell hard to figure out like it wasn't already hard to pull out the working strategies to get the highest scores. And it's just fun. Also, Polish translation is more funny, but damn, I missed so MANY references obvious in the English version! Like there was a mission named "Błąd ognika z Blair" and in original it's called "The Blair Wisp Project" Tongue
"Make game that crashes upon reaching end of it"
I'm gonna put that on lists I want to do in my life
Well, I can't find anywhere on the Internet the full cutscene and let's plays end suddenly in the same moment when it crashes which is odd, so I guess there is nothing to see. And I can play credits from the main menu, which is nice.
:C Crashes aren't cool, but repeating crash in such mportant moment is a new level of being uncool