Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

Regex defines word characters as alphanumeric characters and underscore, just like most programming languages
Dry joke of the day: How to translate to English a name such like "Janusz"? I-Knife... [badum-tss]
But it would be nice to have these highlighted anyway
@Mrocza, technically since variable object is an object (duh) and position, energyCell etc are also variables and objects... And variables aren't highlighted in CBot editor... I don't know what I was talking about anymore
I ask this question every time I use most of the IDEs. NetBeans seems to have the best syntax highlighting so far.
In the editor "this" is nicely highlghited in purple. I would generally expect words such as position, energyCell, velocity, load, roll, pitch, etc to also be highlighted. They aren't. Why is that?
According to CBot editor code, valid token is (isalnum© || c == '_')
'_' is legal and that's probably the only no alphabetical and numerical character which you can use in variable names.
even expansion level.
The english part is easier than i expected.
Well, CBot is also imho correct, so nevermind. BTW, does "_" character is also illegal and I may expect police in my house when my code includes it?
@RaptorParkowsky and that namd breaks code style rules Tongue
Well, in CBOT and any normal language too.
oh, wait, it's in C++. I've burned that :\
Police department of Colobot. You're under arrest for using illegal characters.
'-' is an illegal character in a name in C++.
@Simbax ++
@Simbax : Well, that's what I'm talking about. @krzys_h : What about "CBOT-Var" in the code then? Tongue
Nobody should care how anyone write those names, they only should be unified in the game itself and all official places like our website, documentation, READMEs etc.
I also think it fit the canon of the Colobot's design, but for now nobody know anything about modifying fonts.