Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

Why did you use a very long name for a function?
strcpy
I already proposed adding Lua, but this is something we can't do at the moment. Code of the game is too convoluted to add something new without breaking other stuff.
Maybe Colobot would use real exisiting programming language? It's nice when you start and already work with real code.
Besides, arrays in CBot are not arrays, they are linked lists with growing size
CBot is lacking a lot of standard functionalities
C++ can't execute in runtime uncompiled code without specific libraries
As in my brainfuck interpreter. Also you can't use switch with strings and have to fill array manually with zeros. For example in C++ we can write "int array[5] = {0};" to fill with zeros, and in Java we don't have to do anything. In CBOT we can't even check if array field is initialized so we have to fill it manually before.
Or (and I assume this is more likely option) would you need to make your program "able" to interpret these files?
Say save a fragment of code in .txt file?
Can you in C++ make your program execute fragment of code from external (uncompiled?) file?
Now here is a cool question:
You need to actually write strmid(s,i,1) to get a single character... #justcbotthings
It should be s[i] or s.getChar(i) or something.
oh you were talking about CBOT, I never used strings in CBOT so i wouldn't know
Really, strings need improvements in CBOT. They don't feel like they were objects at all, but at the same time they aren't arrays of chars either. It's weird.
it is legit if strmid takes an object of type string and an integer as arguments
Seems legit.
> strmid(s, i)