Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

and i'm on linux building from command line, so didn't have any checkboxes, but nvm
what's the point of the "git submodule --init --recursive" command then?
It's normal, as long as you have checked checkbox with music in cmake
is that normal?
i'm compiling colobot right now, and during make, it downloads all the music files even though i didn't use the --recursive flag when updating the submodule
lets say if the library has a major update, something in the likes of sdl -> sdl2
oh, so even when my project needs a specific version of the library it'll be fine after updates? or will i have to compile it myself and keep it separated?
Such things doesn't happen too often
The only struggle I had once was when gcc after some update didn't worked with libraries in repo, due to some changes in ABI
is it difficult to develop applications on a rolling distro in regards to constantly updating libraries?
Random Fact: There is a UI Bug in Colobot: Gold Edition. UI is bugging While the fogstart in scene file has negative value Smile 1.4 ONLY
Basic console programs really. I did managed to make it work though
Well, it depends on what you want to develop... For Colobot you need only VS C++ AFAIR.
More specifically: What exactly I am supposed to install
I have no damn Idea how to install visual studio
"4. King of the Hill (@Emxx52 suggested this idea)" why am I not surprised? Big Grin
i already tried arch linux on my laptop before, i liked it, but i couldn't get the network manager to work
So I don't have to reinstall whole OS to got up-to-date kernel, Xorg and stuff