Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

Android sucks anyway in many ways.
It's mainly Google Play fault in my opinion, but it seems they decided to fix that in the OS itself instead of their store services. Almost all Android phones I encountered (not only mine, I've heard many people complaining about the "lack of space" bug) had this problem. What I noticed is that Google Play needed much more space to install an app than it should for some unknown reasons. Also, moving an app to SD was not really moving the entire app, rather the heavy data which could be moved, the main executables must remain in internal storage. Not sure about it though, just my thoughts after some experimentation and observations, I'm probably wrong / not precise.
Well, in my case always when the app is bigger than internal storage free space, it automaticaly install to SD. And from my point of view, most apps supports installing on SD.
I notice good performance difference, finally everything works smoothly as it should :3
Only few apps supported moving to SD card and you could do that only AFTER the installation to the internal storage, which was quite troublesome with big apps. There is a drawback though, the card needs to be formatted and will be working only on the device which it was formatted on, but that's not a problem for me, I use this card only in the phone and if I would like to remove it and use it elsewhere I can format to normal.
@Simbax : You couldn't do that before? Moving apps to SD is possible even in my Xperia mini pro Android 4.0 update...
Awesome! I can finally use SD card as internal storage! No more problems with "too little space to install an app" Wink
OMG, my Moto G2 just got the Android 6.0 update... Good timing Lenovorola, I was already considering installing some Cyanogenmod because of lack of updates...
Where to report bugs and ask for cbot features?
@tomaszkax86 : "Build #291 found unstable in 9 min 25 sec" - Well, until my hardware upgrade I'm comletely out of Linux, and compiling all GOLD stuff under the Windows is too much pain in the ass for me, so... yeah, I can't test that thanks good memory-eating grandpa Jenkins Smile .
Can someone check the remaining 2 issues? I'm almost sure one was fixed, not sure about the other one.
Cool. Thank you.
@PracticeBot13 : There are only 5 issues open right now, so I think we should make it in this month, maybe in April.
Shouldn't be too far off now.
Can't wait for the release of 0.1.7.
And the second suggestion: Add a link to forum with explanation about this custom and unofficial UI texture pack.
And I like your blog post, but I have one suggestion: we don't translating Colobot: Gold Edition into Colobot: Złota Edycja.
@tomaszkax86 : I don't know how you did that, but finally self shadowing works for me in OpenGL 1.4. ++ for ground shadowing, GOLD looks really improved. Well, for me it's still enough playable, even if it's ~10 fps, but I can always disable MSAA in more dynamic scenes to get ~10 more fps Smile . http://i.imgur.com/ony2eGs.png
@tomangelo There is only one model converted to v3 there so that should have worked...