Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Level Pack V2 24.05.2016 NEW UPDATE AND TRAILER! - New planets, immersive missions.
New update is there! - TrueLevels 1J
I'm currently updating screenshots, as the changes in 1.7 and remastered textures make the game look way better. Details and download link in the first postSmile

For Colobot: Gold Edition check out my TrueLevels level pack, UI Texture replacement pack and Sound Effect replacement pack.
Trailer for TrueLevels and my youtube channel here. Cheers!
I really like the updated high-quality textures! These levels look a lot better in comparasion to original Colobot missions, this looks very close to how I would want the official levels to look in Gold Edition. The only thing that doesn't seem to fit are the mountains on the edge of the map. You can either try to make the maps bigger (mosaic= and brick= in TerrainGenerate command - be aware that this is undocumented, experimental and may break in future releases), or disable the mountains on the edge with border=0 in one of the terrain commands (I don't remember which one) and add something on the border manually.
I should probably finally find some time to play these levels, because they look awesome Wink

EDIT: Oh, and a quick technical note. I noticed this somewhere in the logs:
Code:
[WARN]: Creating non-power-of-2 texture (5200x5200)!
The texture resolution should always be a power of 2, otherwise you may have terrible performance problems on older GPUs (@RaptorParkowsky knows something about that...). In this case, the you should either downscale the texture to 4096x4096 (recommended, this texture is HUGE anyway) or upscale to 8192x8192 (not recommended, wastes space and some GPUs might not support so big resolutions).
OMG Thanks!
I tried it and got it's working already! Smile TerrainRelief image="%lvl%/relief01.bmp" factor=1.0 border=0 does the trickSmile
Gotta update everything....... XD also gonna rescale textures down.
Edit: Had to rework some reliefs, also remastered them slightly, as they were designed for these pesky borders. The big texture you mentioned was for Ethertron, scaled to 4096x4096 now. I scaled some other textures too, adding some noise and blur so they appear visually indistinguishable. Actually the effect of removing these mountain borders is so amazing I don't know what to say, I dreamed of it and never knew if it was possibleSmile
Remade some screenshots. All files are now updated and uploaded, enjoySmile
Just bumping up, here comes the new update with randomly generated virtual reality tactical simulation time trial survival training and challange!... *gasp* I know sounds crazy, right? Also improved lens flares and tried scene file modding.
[Image: qp1i68.png]
More screenshots here.

For Colobot: Gold Edition check out my TrueLevels level pack, UI Texture replacement pack and Sound Effect replacement pack.
This is just fantastic! One of the best looking Colobot/EPSITEC game related levels ever made.

I think you should say: TerranovaTeam, watch and learn.
(11-26-2015, 02:56 AM)True Destroyer Wrote: If you want to get your score in Virtual Tactical Simulation tracked,
move the 'files' folder from .zip with contents to your user colobot folder, you'll most certainly find it here:
On windows:
C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\colobot   - (note that it is NOT in program files)
On linux:
~/.local/share/colobot/
put 'files' folder in 'colobot' directory (when prompted to merge/replace, choose yes to all),
so the folder structure looks like colobot/files. From now on, you'll be informed about your score for four new levels when you play, and it will be stored in these files.
Is there any reason this is required? You could just check if the file exists and create it if not. You probably don't want to keep the files in the .zip file, I'm not sure if it'll take the one from save directory or the read-only ones from the archive.

I like the idea for the VTS level. Allowing for level generation in CBot is one of things I have planned, I have some ideas on how to improve level loading time when it's implemented.
It would be nice if you made the music loop seamlessly, like the main menu theme in the game. When you pause in the VTS level for a longer time the music ends and it sounds a bit awkward when it restarts.
You can automatically select the grabber after loading simulation is finished with undocumented camerafocus() command. Be aware that it may change in the future when I design proper API for manipulating camera in CBot.
The winning scene (and music) after the robot gets destroyed looks really out of place Tongue
Try playing the VTS levels from a top view (type 'camtype 11' in the cheat console and use numeric keys to navigate, there is no way to configure that in a level yet)
[Image: 4IIx1Ht.jpg]

I have to finally find some time to play through all your levels Wink
(05-26-2016, 09:41 PM)krzys_h Wrote: You can automatically select the grabber after loading simulation is finished with undocumented camerafocus() command. Be aware that it may change in the future when I design proper API for manipulating camera in CBot.

I was getting mad that I had to manually switch robots when making attempts to do code-only campaign, and there were command for it for that whole time
"Deep within all of us lives an idiot, and if you let that idiot dictate your decisions your live is going to be rough."
~ Ryan Letourneau, 2k15
Yeah @krzys_h about 'files' folder I had some issues with game crashing or files not loading/creating properly,when I tried to check if file was here or not. It was not properly created or updated, and I had to do it this way (at least for now).
For you these files are read only if you copy them outside archive? Or you mean there is a function checking if file exists? I thought we were limited only to handle() .open, .write, .read and .close Tongue Edit: ... ok maybe handle.eof() will help I need to implement it and testSmile
About the music, yeah, haven't noticed it as I was dying too quick/ pausing for too short. I can see it when I loop it in a music player.

About camerafocus, and "camtype" command thxSmile

About endmission mini scene file:
Yep I could polish it, it is pretty... Bad Tongue I just pretended it's in real world instead of simulation so it can stay for now. And later forgot to update it XD Have nothing to say here for my defense, I noticed it is pointing to regular game resources and decided to leave it instead of checking if I can point to modded resources, and if i think now about it the answer is of course I can, lol. The easiest way would be to create missing "textures" and "music" folders in zip file. Don't know what was I thinking back then.

Guess instead of playing I need to update some scene and music stuff based on your feedbackSmile

Does someone know why the atmosphere possible doesn´t load up?
It does not work for me.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over

I've seen your posts in other threads, it appears to me that you don't have enough computer memory to load this number of high resolution textures, or your graphics card (or its driver) is not working properly - this may cause glitches. Also I've heard you play on linux, and this may render more compatibility problems in general.

Or maybe those textures that aren't loading are non-power-of-2 resolution...
(10-19-2016, 09:41 AM)RaptorParkowsky Wrote: Or maybe those textures that aren't loading are non-power-of-2 resolution...

I was like "hell no" but I checked, and actually the Aria planet has background texture with dimensions not being power of 2, and Ethertron has ground texture with non-power-of-2 dimensions.
However, all textures for Amber planet have dimensions (and consequently resolution) that is a power of 2. Does this planet work
for you LRV?

(10-19-2016, 06:23 AM)LRV Wrote: Does someone know why the atmosphere and the ground possible doesn´t load up?
It does not work for me.

EDIT:Too the astronaut and codebattlebot textures don´t load probably.

This seems to be not related to my textures only.

That´s why I made a separate thread too and asked the creator of the other userlevel.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour

just tried amber level 1

after a while, I saved game and quit - later tried to load the saved game and it crashed (didn't save crash report, sorry)

tried again, played through to point at which I shoot at queen, it crashed, but offered to save state - opened game and restored last state and it worked & I killed queen

I have the crash report, but wont have time to try to fix anything if it is a level problem till tomorrow.

If trying to fix level stuff doesn't work, I'll try to post on github issues

Code:
[INFO]: Colobot: Gold Edition 0.1.8-alpha starting
[INFO]: Creating CApplication
[INFO]: Loading mod: './data/mods\Asteroid'
[INFO]: Loading mod: './data/mods\Elysium'
[INFO]: Loading mod: './data/mods\ESMK'
[INFO]: Loading mod: './data/mods\Jinx'
[INFO]: Loading mod: './data/mods\KLands'
[INFO]: Loading mod: './data/mods\Polara.zip'
[INFO]: Loading mod: './data/mods\Protacton.zip'
[INFO]: Loading mod: './data/mods\Second Moon.zip'
[INFO]: Loading mod: './data/mods\Sulfuria.zip'
[INFO]: Loading mod: './data/mods\True Levels 2.zip'
[INFO]: Data path: ./data
[INFO]: Save path: C:\Users\me\colobot
[INFO]: Opening audio device...
[INFO]: Done.
[INFO]: CApplication created successfully
[INFO]: Error on parsing config file: No such node (Experimental.OpenGLVersion)
[INFO]: Error on parsing config file: No such node (Experimental.OpenGLProfile)
[INFO]: Error on parsing config file: No such node (Experimental.MSAA)
[INFO]: Error on parsing config file: No such node (Experimental.VSync)
[INFO]: No joysticks detected
[INFO]: Error on parsing config file: No such node (Experimental.GraphicsDevice)

[INFO]: Creating CDevice - OpenGL 1.4
[INFO]: OpenGL 4.4.12968 Compatibility Profile Context 14.201.1003.1002
[INFO]: AMD Radeon(TM) R6 Graphics
[INFO]: Shadow mapping available (core)
[INFO]: Anisotropic filtering available
[INFO]: Maximum anisotropy: 16
[INFO]: Multisampling supported, max samples: 8
[INFO]: Auto-detecting VBO support
[INFO]: Core VBO supported
[INFO]: Maximum texture units: 8
[INFO]: Maximum texture size: 16384
[INFO]: Framebuffer supported (ARB)
[INFO]: Maximum renderbuffer size: 16384
[INFO]: CDevice created successfully
[INFO]: Closing joystick
[WARN]: Failed to update locale, possibly incorect system configuration. Will fa
llback to classic locale.
[INFO]: Created shadow map texture: 1024x1024, depth 32
[INFO]: Reseting world on phase change...
[INFO]: Simulation speed = 1.00
[INFO]: Loading level: levels/custom/Amber/level001/scene.txt
[WARN]: This level is using deprecated way of defining %1$s scene. Please remove
the %1$s= parameter in EndingFile.
[WARN]: This level is using deprecated way of defining %1$s scene. Please change
the %1$s= parameter in EndingFile from %2$d to "levels/other/%1$s%2$03d.txt".
[INFO]: Start suspend
[WARN]: Creating non-power-of-2 texture (288x216)!
[INFO]: Stop suspend
[INFO]: Reseting world on phase change...
[INFO]: Loading level: levels/custom/Amber/level001/scene.txt
[WARN]: This level is using deprecated way of defining %1$s scene. Please remove
the %1$s= parameter in EndingFile.
[WARN]: This level is using deprecated way of defining %1$s scene. Please change
the %1$s= parameter in EndingFile from %2$d to "levels/other/%1$s%2$03d.txt".

Unhandled exception occurred!
==============================
Type: std::runtime_error
Message: Tried to access invalid particle channel (invalid ID)

This is usually caused by a bug. Please report this on http://github.com/colobot
/colobot/issues
including information on what you were doing before this happened and all the in
formation below.
You seem to be running a custom compilation of version 0.1.8-alpha, but please v
erify that.

The game was in phase PHASE_SIMUL (ID=7)
Last started level was: category=custom chap=1 rank=1

Sorry for inconvenience!

Quote:
Code:
Please change the %1$s= parameter in EndingFile from %2$d to "levels/other/%1$s%2$03d.txt".
not sure how to do this : (

// Don't post under your post, see Regulations §4.4 ~ Simbax
Quote:
Code:
Please change the %1$s= parameter in EndingFile from %2$d to "levels/other/%1$s%2$03d.txt".
This is about a deprecated syntax, that is not recommended, but should work neverthless. There's no real need to change that. Deprecated means "it is ok, but may not work in future versions, as we plan to change it in the future".

Problem is here:

Code:
Type: std::runtime_error
Message: Tried to access invalid particle channel (invalid ID)

I don't know anything about particle channels, but my levels have tons of stuff generating particle effects (- hence the name, it's similiar I guess), and possibly the game could not handle it.
Normally the game deals with it cutting the particle numbers, so eg. in my case the ants stop shooting the green orbs, it's visible in VTS levels. Try reducing particle effects in game menu - that's all I can say.
Invalid particle ID may mean that some particle effect glitched somewhere and was improperly created or deleted without acknowledgement - may happen if game is clogged with particle effects I guess. Or it may mean something elseSad Have played 10-15 hours on Amber missions several months ago, and had no problems.

thanx, I'll see if I can change that - any idea why it always crashes when I try to load a saved game?
The particle bug is well known and already fixed in the latest development version https://github.com/colobot/colobot/issues/806
The planet Amber and the virtuel tactical simulation don´t load up atmosphere.I haven´t checked Etherton and Aria, because I just figured out how I can run them.(Other levels with the same problem work now,so I suppose Aria and Amber work.)
EDIT:Aria doesn´t load up atmosphere and Etzherton doesn´t load up ground and atmosphere.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour

got v1.9 & still crashes on trying to load a saved game in amber-L2 - no longer puts an error in log and errors in windows info popup can't be copied

something about C failing

EDIT: did amber-L2 in one pass, but just seems doing these levels without a way to save makes this set less fun than a great quality set like this should be

EDIT2: I'm seeing things like this in the saved games that crash [script1="%lvl%/BOT3.TXT"] and [script1="%lvl%/QUEEN1.TXT"]

I earlier saw something as errors about pointers to level file locations, could this be an issue?
Who is the guy at the end of the maze in the etherton level(it can´t be the one from the last expedition, because that expedition substained only out of bots)?

EDIT:You can read that in the satcom in the first mission of colobot.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour

Updated the link, it was dead, cheers everyoneSmile!