Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loading programs in user levels
Shocked 
Hello all!

I am almost done with my user level for Colobot Gold, a planet entitled "Sulfuria"

i'm not spoiling anything, but in one of the levels, I gave wasps an attack program, from Colobots Volcano level 2.  I did this successfully.

Now i want to simply give some ants a guard/attack program like in Tropica level 3.  Except this time, I try to give them the programs, but either they don't even load with a program, or all the ants head towards 0;0 and attack everything in their path.  Actually, in my last attempt, the ants did the latter action, ecept in extreme slow motion!   

I need help.  Could somebody tell me how to properly load an ant program in my level?

Thank you, and I will post the level ASAP!

ps. could somebody tell me how to start a new thread?  thanks
Hi

What program exactly are you trying to load? Some default alien programs require you to set their movement paths using cmdline= parameter in scene file, but the exact format varies depending on program.

To create a thread just click on the "Post thread" button in a category view, like this one. I moved this post to a new thread.

PS. Just in case you don't know, if you use the 'selectinsect' cheat in the console (activated by `) you can select the ants and access their programming menu like in any other robot.
(03-13-2016, 09:26 PM)krzys_h Wrote: Hi

What program exactly are you trying to load? Some default alien programs require you to set their movement paths using cmdline= parameter in scene file, but the exact format varies depending on program.

To create a thread just click on the "Post thread" button in a category view, like this one. I moved this post to a new thread.

PS. Just in case you don't know, if you use the 'selectinsect' cheat in the console (activated by `) you can select the ants and access their programming menu like in any other robot.

Sorry about this! But i figured it out for now.

I was trying to load "antict" into a few ants to guard black box, and attack anything that goes near them.  Just like in Tropica 3.  I could seem to do it.  I had to use a similar but a tiny but slower program of a friend of mine's.

I'll begin to work with the cmdline stuff, and experiment on another scene.

Thanks for the reply!