Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed change to dist= in EndMissionTake
I know there are a few userlevel designers on the forum who do not really follow all the issues on GitHub. Therefore, I'm posting this here too, because I need some feedback from you.

https://github.com/colobot/colobot/issues/759
I read the issue, and I agree with the proposed changes.
EndMissionTake type=WheeledGrabber min=1
should not mean "the mission ends when one WheeledGrabber is placed at max 8 meters from the center of the map".
I assume that you plan not to change the default values but to force to define them at all times, so that defult values become redundant.
In my opinion it's a better option than changing default values.

On the other hand, I liked to use default range for the spaceship position without knowing it.
To tell you the truth I assumed that default range was 0 and I was amazed that it worked around spaceship position onboard, and thought that it had something to do with the spaceship walls rising mechanism.
Will have to update most of the missions. What is the default range exactly? 8 metres?

For Colobot: Gold Edition check out my TrueLevels level pack, UI Texture replacement pack and Sound Effect replacement pack.
Trailer for TrueLevels and my youtube channel here. Cheers!
(04-04-2016, 01:34 AM)True Destroyer Wrote: I assume that you plan not to change the default values but to force to define them at all times, so that defult values become redundant.
In my opinion it's a better option than changing default values.
What I want to do is make dist= required if you specify the pos= too. So something like this is not allowed:
Code:
EndMissionTake pos=10;20 type=Titanium min=1
But both of those are:
Code:
EndMissionTake pos=10;20 dist=8 type=Titanium min=1 // equivalent to the previous, no longer allowed version
EndMissionTake type=Titanium min=1 // detects anywhere
This should make it so that outdated levels throw an error instead of loading with broken ending conditions, unless somebody put the SpaceShip at 0;0 and used defaults for both pos= and dist=.

(04-04-2016, 01:34 AM)True Destroyer Wrote: Will have to update most of the missions.
That's exactly why I'm warning everyone beforehand. If you want your levels to be compatible with future versions, make sure you specify both pos= and dist=. If you want to keep maximum compatibility with old versions, ALWAYS specify both pos= and dist=. If you only care about versions after this change (which has not occurred yet!) you can drop pos= and dist= in conditions that check for the whole map.

(04-04-2016, 01:34 AM)True Destroyer Wrote: What is the default range exactly? 8 metres?
Yes, the current default for dist= is exactly 8 meters
Okay, I get it nowSmile great ideaSmile

For Colobot: Gold Edition check out my TrueLevels level pack, UI Texture replacement pack and Sound Effect replacement pack.
Trailer for TrueLevels and my youtube channel here. Cheers!
I am ok with this idea, especially right now, when popularity of game doesn't blow the doors off and you can count level designers on your fingers. There won't be better moment to change that
"Deep within all of us lives an idiot, and if you let that idiot dictate your decisions your live is going to be rough."
~ Ryan Letourneau, 2k15