Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Criticism of @LRV signature
(11-17-2016, 02:12 PM)LRV Wrote: -create my own subcommunity like TerraNovaTeam called C.olobot L.evel F.oundry, which is gonna make addon levels for colobot and possible put them in future releases of gold
This is useless, because I.nternational C.olobot C.ommunity already is such kind of community on this forum. And no userlevels or addons will be available in any GOLD releases as pre-installed assets. That's why they're called "addons". User can add them if he wishes to play with. They're not a part of official game. People share such content on Workshop sections of this forum.

More about ICC:
https://colobot.info/icc-international-c...community/
Please get rid of this thread. That is a plan which is maybe gonna be true in 6 years or something. Currently I haven't got any time.

@LRV 's free time:1h/day

EDIT:The addons of my planned sub community is going to make expansion packs, with useful, but not needed content.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over

You know I wanted that to be a team of people who desgign expansion packs(packs of bots etc.).
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour

Hey @LRV u got reputation minus one! How is this even possible? And u ask to be part of a team? I wouldn't work with someone who's got negative reputation! It's like... cooperating with alien queen. No offence but... just kidding I'm not an asshole.
"Jesteśmy Polakami, pisaliśmy po polsku i nagle mamy przestać całkowicie i rozmawiać tylko po angielsku? Wiem, że tak nie jest i nie byłoby dobrze gdyby tak się stało." ~PaweX
y reputation is -1 becasue Emxx got mad at me only because I reported an admins post, on which I would swear I would have been reported and warned for on other forums Sad
And I meant to assemble a team of coders(when I learned coding) to make an expansion pack for colobot gold)
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour

(01-21-2018, 11:53 PM)bipel88 Wrote: Hey @LRV u got reputation minus one! How is this even possible? And u ask to be part of a team? I wouldn't work with someone who's got negative reputation! It's like... cooperating with alien queen. No offence but... just kidding I'm not an asshole.

"I'm not an asshole, but..." sounds a bit like "I'm not sexist/racist/whatever, but..." - anything before "but" doesn't count. :x

Just drop it. All of you.
It's childish to pick on someone's sig, make fun of them, and all that. Especially if you are an admin [*looks at Raptor*]. Just explaining why the text in sig was pointless (there already is a community, everyone can make things etc.) should be enough - but it's also important to do so tactfully. And not in public - why not use private messages system?

I know you're all here because you want. It's not a business. But that doesn't mean that the community has no rules or that the rules don't apply to people with power.
I volunteered on actual official game forum and even if we were annoyed by some people, we still couldn't just make fun of them. Even trolls or spammers, we had to do everything so that they wouldn't feel attacked, or forward it to our manager (actual employee that has experience in managing online communities).
*cut*, I actually worked there for localization (crowdsourced, I was the only one hired in that part itself) and had to tactfully inform some people that I had to delete all their suggested translations... even if I was tired of people not reading things for hundredth time.

Do you see the difference between what happened in this thread and how businesses/good online communities work?
I wonder why this thread was not closed and in archive to begin with.

Anyway, it seems that emotions took the best of some people, and it's not @RaptorParkowsky .

(02-20-2018, 04:44 PM)hazel Wrote: "I'm not an asshole, but..." sounds a bit like "I'm not sexist/racist/whatever, but..." - anything before "but" doesn't count. :x

He told the truth in not offending way. I can't see how he is an asshole. In fact, it is you who is suggesting here that he is. And however I love the quote from Game of Thrones about everything before "but" not counting, it is not applicable in many (if not most) cases.

(02-20-2018, 04:44 PM)hazel Wrote: It's childish to pick on someone's sig, make fun of them, and all that.

Nobody is making fun of anyone. @RaptorParkowsky just stated some facts quite clearly and constructively criticised the idea @LRV had in his signature.

(02-20-2018, 04:44 PM)hazel Wrote: Especially if you are an admin [*looks at Raptor*].

Oh, let's pick on @RaptorParkowsky again, surely too many days has passed since the last flamewar where he was in the center of attention. (<- sarcasm)

Notice that @RaptorParkowsky written the first post in completely another thread. It happens, people make mistakes, yes, even administrators. It was split later. So, nobody just thought one day "I'm going to shame this kid for this stupid idea and create this thread! he'll feel sorry! *evil laugh*".

(02-20-2018, 04:44 PM)hazel Wrote: but it's also important to do so tactfully.

So, telling the truth is tactless? I see no emotions and lack of tact in the first post, I see emotions in the next ones. Maybe people should respond to posts more tactfully and learn to not get offended every time someone suggest they actually might be wrong Wink The only thing wrong with the first post is that it was off-topic in another thread. It doesn't break any rules as far as I can tell. It probably should be moved to archive though instead of being open like that.

(02-20-2018, 04:44 PM)hazel Wrote: And not in public - why not use private messages system?

Why not indeed. I agree that this issue could be handled better. Yet I would like people to not take every opportunity they see to start an argument. But it's every other admin's fault too, including me, since this thread should literally not exist for more than one day. Apologies for that. Will move and close this thread.

(02-20-2018, 04:44 PM)hazel Wrote: It's not a business. But that doesn't mean that the community has no rules or that the rules don't apply to people with power.

Oh trust me, the admins know that the community has rules. After all, we've written the regulations and modified them a lot of times when needed. And it is implicit (if not explicitly stated) that the rules apply to every single user. Administrators "just happen" to have more privileges in order to be able to their "job" properly. Nothing more or less.

A rule was broken, it was off-topic. The post was moved to separate thread. An admin wrote this post? So what? The situation would have the same outcome if it was written by any other user, including me or you.

(02-20-2018, 04:44 PM)hazel Wrote: Even trolls or spammers, we had to do everything so that they wouldn't feel attacked

Of course you had to, because businesses must care about their public image and can't just offend people no matter how annoying and rude they are (which sounds like hell to me, which is why I'll probably never have a job close to clients unless life forces me). (Un)fortunately, we are not business, we are individuals who just happen to work on the same thing.

I don't agree with the whole idea that everyone must be careful not to accidentally offend someone, I think this idea is dumb and will backfire sooner or later. Trolls and spammers break the rules of the community, so they have no right to expect that we'll be nice to them, quite the opposite. Guests must respect the host's rules, not the other way around.

True, many times people don't break rules for purpose, and it's fine if the offense is minor. That's what the warning and reputation system is for. The culprit is notified that what they did was wrong and asked to never do it again. If the offense is major or the individual seems to not care about the warnings, then it's a completely different story of course.

(02-20-2018, 04:44 PM)hazel Wrote: had to tactfully inform some people that I had to delete all their suggested translations... even if I was tired of people not reading things for hundredth time.

When the same person does something annoying and seems to not care, then I don't think you have to be tactful with that person, quite the opposite. Wrong reaction is better than no reaction at all. If the culprit is not learning the nice way, it has to be done the hard way. No way around it. I'm not talking about any specific person here, just in general, for the record.
[Image: XvN5CTW.png] [Image: UYXyyMS.png]