Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inviting teachers to using Colobot.
Hello there!
I'm wondering if you guys tried to directly advertise Colobot to IT teachers directly. While I was in middle school I've presented Colobot to our IT teacher and he was really impressed with it. We even hosted a small challenge I've created, where student had to program Tracked Shooter to take down waves of wasps incoming from all directions with ammount of hostiles expanding geometrically each wave. Programmed "Overlord" practice bot spawned wasps, shown notifications about incoming wave and eventually about destruction of Shooter bot. Wasps were modified to only attack Tracked Shooter.
TL;DR It was quite a success, students enjoyed it much more than "classic" teaching.
So, I'm really convinced, that if Colobot would be presented to teachers with good manual about how to use it, it could easily overthrow Baltie or other crappy programming "teaching" programs.
What do you guys think tough?
Si vis pace, para bellum.

There's already new Programming Course in preparations that will be better for teaching basics of the programming for school/home environment. It supposed to be better both for theory (something what original Colobot/CeeBot programming course lacks) and practical use of the programming not only in this particular game, but also in real life.

Possibly after finishing that course we'll think about another ways about how to promote Colobot for the educational institutes.

And I have to say we already have a successfull partnership with organisators of the Motorola Diversity contests for something like... 3 years or so. That's a something I think...
But gameplay usage would be great way to start and catch kids and teens on programming hook. Most of the IT teachers are (sadly) excellent joy-killers and pure aim for practical use can make Colobot as hated as Baltie or Logo among students.
It's obviously more important to give as much practical knowledge as possible but interested student will earn much more than bored-to-death one.
Si vis pace, para bellum.

Quote:Hello there!
I'm wondering if you guys tried to directly advertise Colobot to IT teachers directly. While I was in middle school I've presented Colobot to our IT teacher and he was really impressed with it. We even hosted a small challenge I've created with dissertation writers for hire, where student had to program Tracked Shooter to take down waves of wasps incoming from all directions with ammount of hostiles expanding geometrically each wave. Programmed "Overlord" practice bot spawned wasps, shown notifications about incoming wave and eventually about destruction of Shooter bot. Wasps were modified to only attack Tracked Shooter.
TL;DR It was quite a success, students enjoyed it much more than "classic" teaching.
So, I'm really convinced, that if Colobot would be presented to teachers with good manual about how to use it, it could easily overthrow Baltie or other crappy programming "teaching" programs.
What do you guys think tough?

Great idea and I assume it could help wake up students' enthusiasm and interest to programming. I've seen some discussions about CeeBot too. Is it a special version of CoLoBoT?
Ceebot have better Exercies and Challenges, but don't have any Missions. For teaching Ceebot series are better than Colobot.
Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]