Poll: Should this be considered?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Seem's like a good idea.
45.45%
5 45.45%
Maybe, we'll see what happens.
45.45%
5 45.45%
Probably not. Too much work.
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, & other language translations for Gold Edition
https://github.com/colobot/colobot/blob/...#L170-L182
Add new language to the enum (1 line)

https://github.com/colobot/colobot/blob/...1549-L1683
CApplication::GetLanguageChar add one-char language code (3 lines)
CApplication:TonguearseLanguage add two-char code => enum value conversion (5 lines)
CApplication::SetLanguage add locale name => enum value and enum value => locale name conversions (6 lines)

That's exactly 10 lines of code, looks like my guess was pretty exact (I wasn't checking earlier) Tongue And a lot of lines are just brackets.

After that, copy every *.pot file to <langcode>.po in the same directory (po/ directory in main game repo, and files in help and level directories in data repo)
Then, do the usual "cmake .. && make && sudo make install" after every change to the translations

(04-21-2015, 03:06 PM)Schocker Wrote: [quote='krzys_h' pid='5755' dateline='1429162287']
And just BTW, are we going to have another go at Pootle? It seemed to worked fine until, well, it went batshit crazy. We can of course try some other solutions, like Weblate (which I remember as being really awful when dealing with a lot of strings from Game Dev Tycoon) or resort to a webapp like Transifex, CrowdIn or Zanata (haven't used the last one, but looks pretty slick).
Yeah, we should do something about that. Maybe I'll try reinstalling Pootle later. Whatever we do, I'd prefer a self-hosted solution, maybe with git integration, preferrably supporting files spread between multiple directories (Pootle doesn't have the last one unfortunatelly).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, & other language translations for Gold Edition - by krzys_h - 04-21-2015, 04:47 PM