Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HD textures
Good. I'll download this commit and continue my work with that.

From my site there's still a lot of work with porting some renders from 3DS Max to Blender, so I'll probably move that for GOLD alpha-0.1.7 or we can decide to vectorize (and make them flat) those few textures.

One way or another, I need some time now to make and think all the things right. Now I have all assets that I need, so I'll just focus on that.

15th Anniversary Edit:
So there it is! Finally after all those years I can share something what I'm proud of. This is a result of @Simbax , @Adrian and @RaptorParkowsky hard work in the case of object textures. Basically I made a hybrid out of @Simbax 's and @Adrian 's work with some my invention and optimizations. Some issues that are more noticeable due to bigger resolution but that's easy to fix by proper UV mapping and that will be done in @tomangelo 's models which I'm going to help.

Of course this isn't all of object textures from data/textures/object directory. It's rather only technology objects textures. There's much more to do later like alien, plant, Astronaut face or CeeBot-Teen textures if someone will be brave enough and strong enought to paint/vectorize/render them in higher resolution and quality. Otherwise we can wait until the new ultra-poly models with their new textures and normalmaps will be in full-time development.

I just wanted to share them for test and discuss about before the push to the repo for 0.1.9 CoLoBoT's 15th Anniversary release. So, any propositions or can I push them with their sources when I get some free time before 3rd November?

NOTE: No link to the package with object textures because those textures are already pushed to the game and I have to save some space on my Dropbox cloud.

Messages In This Thread
HD textures - by Simbax - 07-16-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: HD textures - by RaptorParkowsky - 10-20-2016, 02:56 PM
RE: HD textures - by ZuTheSkunk - 02-01-2018, 06:47 AM
RE: HD textures - by RaptorParkowsky - 02-01-2018, 11:30 AM