Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An email to Polish Ministry of Education
(07-23-2015, 11:31 AM)krzys_h Wrote: It's supposed to go to "Rada ds. Informatyzacji Edukacji" so I guess they'll understand, especially since they used the word "open source" in their document. But I think you might be right.

Those fancy names of the departments often don't mean anything, unfortunately. IMHO the letter should be written in such a way that even the secretary would have a basic idea of what we are trying to achieve.

(07-23-2015, 10:51 AM)krzys_h Wrote: 2. It keeps combatibility with old hardware as much as possible, so it shold run fine even on old school computers.
I think "should" is really the right word here. Have we actually checked how the current version works on older computers at school? I'm asking since when I was showing my former teacher 0.1.5 on her laptop (some new-ish ultrabook from Samsung) the game had some strange freezes when opening/closing the program editor, but I couldn't reproduce it anywhere else. But that's pretty off-topic, so I'll end here. Tongue

(07-23-2015, 10:51 AM)krzys_h Wrote: 5. I think this kind of official email to goverment should really be signed with real name of one of the TerranovaTeam admins
I agree, I have a feeling all that red tape in Poland kinda requires that.

The letter itself is pretty solid, though I have a feeling we're not actually getting to the crux of the matter. Vide:
Quote:Chcemy przedstawić Państwu pewną propozycję.
I am not seeing any "proposition" here. After that sentence we're just describing the game and not asking for anything specific (or maybe I'm just stupid). I think we should specify that we are asking to get involved, to get their approval or whatever.

Oh, and "Polskim" (and generally all variations of "polski") shouldn't be written with a capital letter, as far as I know.

Sorry for just throwing ideas, but I'm kinda on-the-go this week. :/
[Image: 76561198011930439.png]
"But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying 'till you ran out of cake" - GLaDOS

Messages In This Thread
RE: An email to Polish Ministry of Education - by Schocker - 07-24-2015, 10:32 AM