Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falling on land when over trees - how to prevent?
(03-17-2016, 04:08 PM)Simbax Wrote: Yeah, I was thinking it would be graviplants, but the description of the "bug" is too odd and ambigous to be sure. I can't believe a person could not know about graviplants, especially that this is the third mission on Tropica and there is no posssibility someone would not notice graviplants in the first missions.

EDIT: you got to be kidding me...

I didn't mentioned that I played the first missions of Tropica about half of year ago. If i wrote code in that moment may be I wouldn't be suprised by this feature of graviplants. Some details fades away from memory as times goes by. The first thing I remember about those green bubbles is that they may kill you if you step into them.

(03-17-2016, 08:11 PM)krzys_h Wrote: The original missions weren't really well designed for doing them with programming only. This is one of the things we are aiming to fix with Gold Edition, although mission refactoring is delayed until a later stage of development.

I see. I tried to use WheeledShooter but there are some other inconveniences, such as attemts of Wheeled shooter to fire through the graviplants, or the too big difference in vertical axis of the gun and ant because of hilly land, or sometimes the bot hits a graviplant, tries to drive round it meanwhile AlienAnt destroys the shooter. May be these problems are solvable, in this case I'll be grateful if someone point out ways to settle them. Of course I always can pass this mission manually, but I'd like to do the last attempt to pass it by programming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Falling on land when over trees - how to prevent? - by Rinoldo - 03-18-2016, 05:02 AM