Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A warning for the Colobot community
(04-01-2016, 09:50 PM)Simbax Wrote: I logged in to the admin panel, changed the password of TestUser (I'm wondering if that left any trace, but whatever)
Well, obviously it did. But you could have at least thought not to post this message from the same IP address because that was "too obvious" Wink (even though only admins can see it)
[Image: IdvLfAj.png]

(04-01-2016, 09:50 PM)Simbax Wrote: Of course, when you google "gravity falls" you not only discover an amazing TV series, but also notice the (totally not obvious) website "Gravity Falls: Break the Code!", where you can play with encrypting/decrypting messages using a few simple ciphers.
I did not get that hint completly Tongue Still, I managed to break all the codes.

(04-01-2016, 09:50 PM)Simbax Wrote: The message was encrypted with A1Z26 cipher
This one was so simple I did not even care about the name, I just guessed the 1-A, 2-B, 3-C, ... mapping and it worked Tongue

(04-01-2016, 09:50 PM)Simbax Wrote: the signature with ATBASH (it looks like a name from some exotic country a little, doesn't it?).
Or, another way to look at it, modify the original message mapping to 1-Z, 2-Y, 3-X, ... The result is the same.
Obviously I did figure it out much earlier, but I didn't want to reveal it because it would ruin the fun Wink

(04-01-2016, 09:50 PM)Simbax Wrote: It was encoded in vigenere cipher with a secret key being "hours"
"2hours" worked too, for some reason. I guess the website I used just ignores the numbers.

(04-01-2016, 09:50 PM)Simbax Wrote: If you figured it out, then I hope you had fun.
Actually, not only I had fun. A few of my friends had too Tongue

Messages In This Thread
A warning for the Colobot community - by TestUser - 04-01-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: A warning for the Colobot community - by krzys_h - 04-01-2016, 10:08 PM