Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CoLoBoT 15th Anniversary Preparations
Here's a screenshot of the most important meta data, for people who don't want to download this huge package for unknown reasons:

[Image: M0yRNv1.png]

@Emxx52 said to me on priv that he's not responsible for those tags and he is quite furious at what is in this package. 

Here are my two cents about this:
  1. Spaces in filenames are not a good idea. They should be replaced with underscores _ (the same could be said about the other files, I prefer _ instead of -, but whatever). Dots and other punctuation signs look... weird, at best ("You lose....flac" for example).
  2. "CoLoBoT Main Theme" -- ok, but I wouldn't call it "main theme", it's just an intro jingle, but it could be left like that. Also, it's "Colobot" or "COLOBOT", not CoLoBoT (we agreed on official naming long time ago AFAIR).
  3. "Leaving Earth - NASA Exercises" -- it should be just "Leaving Earth", why prolong and complicate titles like that for no reason, especially that the "NASA Exercises" part doesn't make any sense.
  4. "The First Unknown World - Nature of Natives" -- as above, the part after '-' does not belong there, the title is definitely too long in this one.
  5. "Crystalium - System Failure" -- it's just "System Failure".
  6. "Saari's Heat" -- ok, but in filename it should be "Saaris" instead of "Saari's".
  7. "Eruption" -- ok.
  8. "Centaury - The Lost Hope" -- either the first or the second part, not both (the second one is more artistic, I like it more personally).
  9. "Infinite Thunderstorm" -- "Infinite Storm", it doesn't agree with @Emxx52 convention about his artwork.
  10. "Terranova - Our New Home" -- either the first or the second part, not both, cause they mean the same.
  11. "You Win!" -- remove the exclamation mark from the filename.
  12. "You Lose..." -- those three dots in the filename are really, really odd. It's just a filename, it should be "You_Lose". Meta tags are for the real titles.
  13. "Jazz Buzzing EasterEgg" -- you know that when you explicitly state "EasterEgg" it's no longer "EasterEgg", right? Also, what's it EasterEgging? Wasn't it just a random funny music? Just remove the "EasterEgg" from the name either way.
  14. A small technical detail: when you make a package, make it so the root folder is in it (so, when I say "Unpack here" it unpacks to "Colobot Soundtrack etc." folder, not making a mess in the folder I'm currently in). This part (and about filenames) is about end-user convenience.
Here's the preview of the cover:
[Image: YEtRJIJ.png]

1. "Official Release thanks TO TerranovaTeam", although "Official Release etc." is redundant IMHO, better leave just the logos.
  2. Are you sure that we can legally use the EPSITEC logo like that? Just to be sure...
About the little txt file...
  1. Unless we find a Kabel font with proper license, we can't use it. Especially not on official cover. I know, I'm boring with this stuff, but it'd be quite a drama if one day there would be news all over the Internet "TerranovaTeam sued! You won't believe! Like us on Facebook to view more!" Tongue
  2. "Updated logo"...
    [Image: AVY3Ryg.png]
@Emxx52 's opinion on the matter is as follows (note that I'm providing it to you in heavily modified version (ok, I just translated and rephrased everything) in order to avoid potential suicides caused by the tone of it):
  1. There was no cooperation during creation of this package apparently, as @RaptorParkowsky decided to do everything by himself without consulting it with @Emxx52 like they agreed to on priv.
  2. Album artist is TerranovaTeam and EPSITEC, not two people (especially that one of those people didn't even took part in creation of the package apparently).
  3. Some points are similar to mine: Infinite Storm not Thunderstorm (it was apparently wrong long time ago, fixed, and then here we are again...), "Official Release etc." not needed, titles are generally "stupid".
  4. "Updated logos"... Let me stop here, quite the epithets were thrown at this point...
  5. Album name tag should be just "Colobot" (without "Official Soundtrack etc."), it's the standard convention for game soundtracks apparently, with an example of TF2 soundtrack.
[Image: 8yrhfJ7.png]
[Image: XvN5CTW.png] [Image: UYXyyMS.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: CoLoBoT 15th Anniversary Preparations - by Simbax - 09-02-2016, 07:32 PM