The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
Hello, Colonists!

If memory serves me correctly. I played Colobot when I was younger, and enjoyed it. When I saw Colobot: Gold Edition on the Ubuntu software repository, I just had to have a play.
I love the concept of being able to have a fleet of helpful bots at your command to help you colonize the across the stars!

The reason I came to this forum is that I was looking around for an open-source project I could get involved in to gain experience in working as a team. Colobot was the perfect chance.
I admit I am very much new to the idea of shared code, but this is why I am here: I want to learn! Nevertheless, I hope I can give some worthwhile suggestions and contributions.

I am a young web developer with a small experience in c++ who loves to compose music, and I like to play around with Blender and GIMP. I very much enjoy 2D texturing. I'm not as good at 3D work.

I very much like to be critical of things, because the small details are what makes a game  good or bad. So I try to give truthful opinions, though I do not mind if they are not accepted. Smile

On an aside, your "Game Design Document" link on the "How to contribute" page on github gives me a 404 error. Thus, I have little idea of the technical details of the project.

Messages In This Thread
Introduction - by Devo404 - 08-16-2016, 09:20 AM
RE: Introduction - by tomangelo - 08-16-2016, 01:57 PM
RE: Introduction - by Devo404 - 08-17-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: Introduction - by tomangelo - 08-17-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Introduction - by Devo404 - 08-18-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: Introduction - by tomangelo - 08-18-2016, 01:22 PM