The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducting a motey
Big Grin 
Hello,
My background is decades of computer design, systems software and software from micro code to BIOS, device drivers, Windows and Linux,  and OS design. I have designed , programmed and installed dozens of computer systems for process control of manufacturing all over the world. I also worked in industrial robot programming, like pick and place ( at stuffing houses), as well as gate array design and semiconductor wafer processing and simulation.
The thing that fascinates me about Colobot is the concept itself and how it could be a real system that controls my own robots, 3D printers, Atomic force microscope, semiconductor fab, and drones.
It is a fun game and I breezed through the it in a few hours and then started looking at the source.
I also have experience with graphic card design and drivers as well as OpenGL dev experience.
I have 3D printers of my own design and play around with other people at the local Maker Space making weird things like a Porsche converted to all electric.
I also studied at the university in molecular genetics, biochemistry and did work in the lab on cloning and CRISPR.
[Image: ColoDrone2.png]
I began modifying the code to see how it works and apparently one should not drill near a reactor as it had a core malfunction and a scram, but I suspect it had a "prompt critical" and as a result the code escaped and modified the Colobot Model Converter python code to batch convert all files from txt to OBJ and then import them into blender headless and export them back to txt and then mod format. As a result it also took files from makehuman that were fully rigged and high poly and then created characters inside Colobot which ran amok and I had to go in and try to clean it up Wink

Okay, so jokes aside. I would like to help with development and have started doing a "goto" that is *I suspect* Big O  O(n ln(n)) instead of the rather quirky n factorial implementation. It does seem a bit like a Traveling Salesman complexity with a bit of Shortest Path and even convex optimization, but I think it can be done cleanly and handle hundreds of active objects traveling and keep the frame rate above 30 fps.
A wonderful game and great code. I thank everybody who has produced this.
I am not completely familiar with collaborating on github so please feel free to enlighten me when I do stupid things!

Messages In This Thread
Introducting a motey - by moteybot - 10-15-2016, 05:51 AM
RE: Introducting a motey - by RedRover - 10-17-2016, 12:11 AM
RE: Introducting a motey - by moteybot - 10-18-2016, 08:13 AM
RE: Introducting a motey - by RedRover - 10-18-2016, 12:14 PM
RE: Introducting a motey - by moteybot - 11-04-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: Introducting a motey - by tomaszkax86 - 11-04-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: Introducting a motey - by krzys_h - 11-04-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Introducting a motey - by moteybot - 11-04-2016, 11:25 PM
RE: Introducting a motey - by LRV - 11-09-2016, 02:49 PM
RE: Introducting a motey - by moteybot - 11-09-2016, 05:25 PM
RE: Introducting a motey - by RaptorParkowsky - 11-09-2016, 07:00 PM