Poll: What do you think about this idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's a good idea
57.14%
4 57.14%
It's a bad idea
0%
0 0%
I have another idea
0%
0 0%
Give me iPhone
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road map - order of next releases
Our current order with releasing Gold looks like "We'll put this feature, and this, and fix 5 bugs, after 2-3 months we'll put this feature and another 15 bugfixes and maybe after 6 months after last update we'll release new version of the game. Meanwhile we created a new branch". I think we could think about some kind of project roadmap, so when we release (for example) 0.1.6, we should have closed list of issues for 0.1.7 (except for very important situations, like 'Preparing Gold to ASCC (Another Super Cool Contest) 2017'), think what we'll add to 0.1.8 (like "New bots, maps, rewriting physics code"). When we'll finish Release 0.1.7, we should have closed list of issues for 0.1.8 (except for very important situations, like 'Preparing Gold to YAMCC (Yet Another Mega Cool Contest) 2017'), think what we'll add to 0.1.9 (like "New exercises, rewriting to SDL 2") and so on.
I don't know what do you thinking about this idea, but I think we should really do something with current situation.
(Referring to first paragraph: I know that not everyone have a time to develop the game, and there's nothing we can do, I've mean that we don't even know what we'll add to next release).
Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]
This is how our plan for future releases looks like right now:
    • support for %lvl% everywhere
    • use PHYSFS for saving
    • bugfixes to gameplay and controls
    • bugfixes to 3D graphics
    • new model format
    • move animations out of source code
    • rewrite CBot engine
    • rewrite UI to CEGUI
    • UI bugfixes

Bugfixes for game-breaking bugs are ussualy assigned to next release (0.1.5 right now).
This is mostly how issues are currently assigned to milestones on GitHub: https://github.com/colobot/colobot/milestones

I think our current plan for releases should stay as it is, and that we should keep fixing any major bugs before release. At least, that's what I'm trying to do most of the time.