Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crashes on Load key
Hi There,
I installed 0.1.6 windows installer version and when I click on "save" or "load" in any mission or Free game I get an error message and the game crashes.
Attached is a screenshot called TrueError.jpg.

I am going to try download the win64 portable version and see if that works better.
I am using windows 10 and version 0.1.4 worked fine.

I downloaded the win64 portable and tried it and it still crashes.
I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks so much,
OK I found the problem.
I had added the old programs to "custom" and had copied my program files and previous program saves from the C:/User/Kevin/colobot directory over and version 0.1.6 didn't like that.
I have now cleaned everything and installed the 0.1.6 win-installer and played the first mission and saved and loaded and it works fine.

Sorry about posting for help too hastily.

Have a nice weekend!
KendyBot ...dreaming of autonomous replication.
Could you upload you old save directory if you still have it? It really should work with old save files.
(12-18-2015, 03:28 PM)krzys_h Wrote: Could you upload you old save directory if you still have it? It really should work with old save files.

I probably could , but I wanted to play through all of the games with 0.1.6.
It all seems to be working fine and I am on the last Terranova mission now.
I will also be playing all the old Missions that someone fixed up for us (DaviVad and others) to see how they work out.
I am now on vacation so I have some time to play around with Colobot.

Have a nice day!

(12-22-2015, 08:37 PM)kevinvr Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 03:28 PM)krzys_h Wrote: Could you upload you old save directory if you still have it? It really should work with old save files.

I probably could , but I wanted to play through all of the games with 0.1.6.
It all seems to be working fine and I am on the last Terranova mission now.
I will also be playing all the old Missions that someone fixed up for us (DaviVad and others) to see how they work out.
I am now on vacation so I have some time to play around with Colobot.

Have a nice day!

Hi There kryz_h!

Please excuse me for taking so long to answer.  I can only work/play with this in my vacation times and maybe when I have some free time on a weekend.
I have reinstalled colobot 0.1.8 alpha today.

When clicking on appearance I get error message. 
I changed //data/levels/other/perso.txt to perso000.txt and now it works fine. It loads as perso.txt.
When I play a game, save and then load, I get " unhandled exception error occured" - I attached a picture of my screen.
I cannot save a game and load it. 

You asked me to upload an old save directory.
Please let me know how to do it and I will.

I am learning how to use github now so please excuse me if I don't know how to do things yet.
I am kurg on github.

Thanks so much. 
Thank you also to the terranova team for all your work to get this game working on windows 10 and linux!

// Don't post under your post, see Regulations §4.4 ~ Simbax
KendyBot ...dreaming of autonomous replication.