Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally found my childhood game :)
Hi,

I can't believe that I finally found it Smile I can still remember playing this when I was 5. Sadly I forgot the name and we also lost the CD with the game, but after over 12 years I finally found it again Smile Glad that after all these years this game still has a community. It's sad that the original devs stopped working at it, but luckily they allowed us to develop it on our own (if I read correctly). What is new compared to the old Colobot?
Hi Ivor,

It's nice there are still some people that remember this old game.

There is a bit new things, and there will be in future a lot of new things.
Currently game engine got number of optimizations and bugfixes, It's now multiplatform, so it will be running under most of major OS, not only Windows, but also Linux, MacOS, in future maybe Android, RaspberyPi-like devices and more. There is new mode - Code Battles, where you can test your coding skills against computer, or your friends code. Code list for robots isn't limited to 10 programs anymore, you can add and remove programs from list whenever you want. There is also first person perspective for main character, so you can watch game from your avatar eyes, a lot of CBOT improvements, optimizations and bugfixes. And a lot of more changes, there is a changelogs list https://www.reddit.com/r/Colobot/comment...hangelist/.
And in future - new models, textures, sounds (there is currently a few new tracks), probably renewed levels (both campaign and exercises ones), further CBOT extensions and bugfixes, new UI, improved modability (it will be possible to add completely new robots, buildings and other objects only by installing files, without messing with source code, like now), more improvements for user levels creators (we want to implement LevelController, which would allow to script various events in custom levels), maybe second game language (Python, Lua, maybe other scripting language). After completing Gold Edition, there might be Colobot 2, completely new game, unlike Colobot: Gold Edition that's only remaking and improving original game.
Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]
(10-02-2016, 09:21 PM)tomangelo Wrote: Hi Ivor,

It's nice there are still some people that remember this old game.

There is a bit new things, and there will be in future a lot of new things.
Currently game engine got number of optimizations and bugfixes, It's now multiplatform, so it will be running under most of major OS, not only Windows, but also Linux, MacOS, in future maybe Android, RaspberyPi-like devices and more. There is new mode - Code Battles, where you can test your coding skills against computer, or your friends code. Code list for robots isn't limited to 10 programs anymore, you can add and remove programs from list whenever you want. There is also first person perspective for main character, so you can watch game from your avatar eyes, a lot of CBOT improvements, optimizations and bugfixes. And a lot of more changes, there is a changelogs list https://www.reddit.com/r/Colobot/comment...hangelist/.
And in future - new models, textures, sounds (there is currently a few new tracks), probably renewed levels (both campaign and exercises ones), further CBOT extensions and bugfixes, new UI, improved modability (it will be possible to add completely new robots, buildings and other objects only by installing files, without messing with source code, like now), more improvements for user levels creators (we want to implement LevelController, which would allow to script various events in custom levels), maybe second game language (Python, Lua, maybe other scripting language). After completing Gold Edition, there might be Colobot 2, completely new game, unlike Colobot: Gold Edition that's only remaking and improving original game.
Thank you for the info ^^ This game has so much potential. Even real time pvp or co-op survival would be great options.
Real time pvp is currently available through Code Battles, it require to code it all before start though (current CBOT state allows you to build whole base and robots, all you need is source of Titanium cubes and GrabberBot, it's gonna be probably replaced with new BuilderBot), with survival there are concepts of random level generator and invasion mode, which are likely going to be implemented someday. There was even some unofficial working real-time multiplayer build, but it was long time ago. It might be also added officially to game sometime.
Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]
I also found this game as a kid along with some "101 Games Pack" or something like that. I didn't understand it at the time, though. So I just flew around with my jetpack and drove some of the robots around.

Now I like playing the game to teach myself some coding and strategy.