Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backward Compatibility.
Photo 
Hi, guys. I was kinda met with a rather disappointing error , when I tried to run colobot

I had made all of the research to see how I may update my display drivers for support of a more recent version of OpenGL, but as it turns out, am stock with 1.1. There as no new available update fixes. So, is recompiling colobot from source tree with backward compatibility for my version of OpenGL a possibility. Otherwise are there any version of the game that can run on my machine with the said support of OpenGL Version 1.1.

Below I have included screenshots of the error and the necessary  information on my machine(I know its old):

Error:

My Machine Information:

I think earliest Colobot: Gold Edition builds were actually coded with requirement of OpenGL 1.3, now we're probably going into 1.4 or 1.5. Moving back to OpenGL 1.1 is actually very hard to achieve, it requires to rewrite almost all graphical code to use only functions available in OpenGL <=1.1.
Although your GPU should easily support newer OpenGL versions, but this might require to install GPU manufacturer drivers (Intel in your case), poor OpenGL support is usually a thing in Microsoft GPU drivers.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product...phics-3000 There are drivers for your GPU to Windows 7 and 8, unfortunately there are no official drivers to Windows 10, yet sometimes it's possible to install drivers from older Windows version.
Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]
(06-08-2018, 08:26 PM)tomangelo Wrote: I think earliest Colobot: Gold Edition builds were actually coded with requirement of OpenGL 1.3, now we're probably going into 1.4 or 1.5. Moving back to OpenGL 1.1 is actually very hard to achieve, it requires to rewrite almost all graphical code to use only functions available in OpenGL <=1.1.
Although your GPU should easily support newer OpenGL versions, but this might require to install GPU manufacturer drivers (Intel in your case), poor OpenGL support is usually a thing in Microsoft GPU drivers.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product...phics-3000 There are drivers for your GPU to Windows 7 and 8, unfortunately there are no official drivers to Windows 10, yet sometimes it's possible to install drivers from older Windows version.

Rollback  to Windows 7 it is then. Thank you tomangelo.