Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRC channel
With the new forum we are moving fully to English. It includes IRC.
  1. Stabilise #colobot at freenode.net (permissions, bots).
  2. Kick all out of the #colobot at pirc.pl and make a password for the channel known only by web developers (password can be turned off after a month or two).
  3. Hope, we will all get used to it.
[Image: XvN5CTW.png] [Image: UYXyyMS.png]
I think we should keep the Polish channel open. Not for developers, but for newcomers from Poland.
I also think we should keep one forum open for them. 95% of Colobot community still speaks Polish...
But development should definitely be English-only.
PS. Test of edit history plugin
Well, if every member of TerranovaTeam will use English for talking about everything related to the project, then I don't see a problem with keeping an old channel open. But if it won't happen, radical steps must be taken.

As of a forum open for Polish members... Polish people can speak English, English people not so much. And next forum is a next thing to maintain. I don't think it is worth it, at least right now, when the community isn't big.

EDIT:

Ok, I misunderstood. How would this forum look like? Just one forum or divided?
I was thinking about making it just one forum, at least for now. We don't have many people who aren't devs here.
Ok, it's fine for me.

EDIT:

I see that other admins have nothing against this idea, so I'm gonna to create a Polish forum.