Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Editor
I remember that someone made the map editor for Colobot. How can I download the latest version?
"Jesteśmy Polakami, pisaliśmy po polsku i nagle mamy przestać całkowicie i rozmawiać tylko po angielsku? Wiem, że tak nie jest i nie byłoby dobrze gdyby tak się stało." ~PaweX
There are some editors created by people in Download page under Colobot tools.

There is an unfinished editor with source code here but it might be never completed. I wanted to make it a very general editor for editing scene files and others, but I think it may be more desirable to have many separate editors that concentrate on specific things instead. If you want to try it, you can find compiled version here. You can use it to edit objects in existing scene files. It allows you to view objects on top of relief so you know where objects are and optionally you can make 3D preview if you have OpenGL 2.0+.

For editing relief files I created prototype editor that has yet to be fully useful, but allows you to edit terrain in simple way when in 3D view. You can find it's source code here and compiled version here.
"After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless."
~The Tao of Programming
Thank you very much for the fact that you helped me, cause I couldn't find it. Big Grin
"Jesteśmy Polakami, pisaliśmy po polsku i nagle mamy przestać całkowicie i rozmawiać tylko po angielsku? Wiem, że tak nie jest i nie byłoby dobrze gdyby tak się stało." ~PaweX
Has any progress been made on this subject? I just want to use a plain and simple map editor to make my own mission for testing purposes.
(07-05-2016, 02:44 PM)clop1000 Wrote: Has any progress been made on this subject? I just want to use a plain and simple map editor to make my own mission for testing purposes.
Unfortunately not much. You still have to create levels manually in a text editor, though there are some new tools available:
* https://colobot.info/forum/showthread.php?tid=723
* on latest dev branch there is a new debug menu which may help a bit when designing levels (for example debugging resource placement or spawning objects quickly)