Poll: Would you like us to start a Patreon campaign?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
71.43%
5 71.43%
Nah...
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TerranovaTeam @ Patreon
It sounds very nice, however, there may be a few side effects of launching such a campaign.
  • We were open, but after this, we will have to be much more restrictive with members of our team. The team will need to be stable. I think we should split the money less communistically - basing on amount of work done. Otherwise it will probably end up with no people working, as "everyone will get money anyway". It will be no motivation if everyone will get money even if rarely do anything!
  • The source code will still be visible for everyone and there is a chance that there may be created a group of people more skilled than us, who will fork our code and encourage people to move to their's project because of different approach, more releases and so on. Not only we'll lost our chance for patrons, but also our years of work will be basically stolen from us, which may end good for the game itself, but it would probably end this beautiful community.
  • Are there any other open source projects like our's, which use Patreon? It's a little odd to me and there might be unforeseen consequences of doing it in our case. Most of us don't even know each other in reality, how can we trust each other in splitting the money and getting the job done?
  • Are we really up to the challenge? What if we will fail our patrons? It's not like we are full-time professionals, we are still learning and effects of our work might not be as good as we would want them to be. Especially, a marketing might be a problem. Our homepage isn't even done yet, we lack organisation, we have a huge mess, we don't have a landing page, we don't have any specific roadmap which we can show to our users. I think we should have at least one person responsible fully for marketing, who will tell us what needs to be done (not because of internal project issues, but because of need to show something), scare us with deadlines, criticise everything, make sure to deliver content to our users in best way possible and much more...
That's everything that comes to my mind for now, but there is probably more.

I am experienced with video editing, so I can of course help with that. I can even record some videos of the game (I am not sure if my computer is powerful enough to handle recording in HD with excellent quality, though...) or a commentary. Also, I saw a lot of bad webpages and a lot of good webpages, so I will criticise every single detail, as everyone should, because it matters.

Before we launch this, we must prepare, but right now, we must decide. Everyone from TerranovaTeam should state his opinion about this.
[Image: XvN5CTW.png] [Image: UYXyyMS.png]

Messages In This Thread
TerranovaTeam @ Patreon - by Emxx52 - 06-08-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: TerranovaTeam @ Patreon - by Simbax - 06-08-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: TerranovaTeam @ Patreon - by tomangelo - 06-09-2015, 10:34 AM
RE: TerranovaTeam @ Patreon - by Simbax - 06-09-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: TerranovaTeam @ Patreon - by tomangelo - 06-09-2015, 12:04 PM
RE: TerranovaTeam @ Patreon - by tomaszkax86 - 06-09-2015, 12:56 PM
RE: TerranovaTeam @ Patreon - by tomangelo - 06-09-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: TerranovaTeam @ Patreon - by krzys_h - 06-09-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: TerranovaTeam @ Patreon - by Simbax - 06-09-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: TerranovaTeam @ Patreon - by tomangelo - 06-09-2015, 06:02 PM