Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get the shaders to work
(08-13-2015, 07:49 PM)CHmSID Wrote: Which could not be a big deal for low graphics Colobot.

But it is for @RaptorParkowsky 's slow GPU Tongue
@krzys_h : Well, no. As long as OGL 2.1 or OGL 3.3 is drastically slower than standard OGL 1.4, I would develop all the features to work with OGL 1.4+.
Maybe it is for you, but for me there is really no difference. With the exception of terrain not working on Linux Wink
(08-13-2015, 10:07 PM)krzys_h Wrote: Maybe it is for you, but for me there is really no difference. With the exception of terrain not working on Linux Wink

I finally know why the shaders wont work. It's because I have an Intel HD Graphics driver. These shaders will only work on an Nvidia or AMD driver.
#KillQueenNowReplaceLater
[Image: 30848703772_6068ae12f5_n.jpg]
I also have Intel HD Graphics and they DO work. But you don't have any awesome effects or anything lile that just because nobody wrote them yet.
(08-14-2015, 07:07 AM)PracticeBot13 Wrote:
(08-13-2015, 10:07 PM)krzys_h Wrote: Maybe it is for you, but for me there is really no difference. With the exception of terrain not working on Linux Wink

I finally know why the shaders wont work. It's because I have an Intel HD Graphics driver. These shaders will only work on an Nvidia or AMD driver.

I don't know what model you have. Intel HD Graphics 3000 (which is what I have) seems to support at least OpenGL 3.1 with newest drivers. I can play Colobot on OpenGL 3.3 engine with potential bugs but it runs OpenGL 2.1 engine just fine, both very slow. I generally despise Intel graphics cards for their low performance and poor OpenGL support.
"After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless."
~The Tao of Programming