Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Code battles - new gamemode, coming to alpha-0.1.6
Quote:I. Code battle gamemode

Enabled in scene file like so:
Code:
Mission type=CODE_BATTLE
First of all, you should rename this new option into "Level type=". This is the same situation like with MissionController VS LevelController. Missions are plot context. Just like Free games or Exercises etc., they're in game content, not in engine. Technically they are all levels.

Moreover, in future we will probably need more level types, so this is good feature to start.

Quote:e) TeamName team=X name="YYYYY"

This sets the name of the team that is displayed in the tooltip. Example:

Code:
TeamName team=1 name="Red"
TeamName team=2 name="Blue"
Some time ago I was thinking about grouping the objects in usual levels, not only for code battles in teams. Something more universal that determines "this is Winged Grabber from Green team" or "this is Ruines from previous expedition" in tooltips. Or simply alternative names for every objects separately. I don't know, I feel that must be something more universal, not only for teams.

I like the whole idea for Code Battles. If this will work flawlessly in the end of this year, we should propose some extra exercises for next Diversity contest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Code battles - new gamemode, coming to alpha-0.1.6 - by RaptorParkowsky - 07-08-2015, 06:04 PM