Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create userlevels faster
Star 
With this userlevel: UserlevelHelperV1.zip 840kb

UserlevelHelperV1b.zip 830kb for Colobot: Gold Edition 0.1.7b

You can:

Apply a relief.png from your userlevel or use the one provided.

Randomly plant hundreds of trees in seconds.

Place bots, buildings, etc.

Export text files with corresponding "CreateObject" commands,
which can be #Included in scene.txt for your userlevel.

Instructions on your SatCom and in ReadMe.txt.

Edit: Fixed a bug with random tree placement.
Edit: Fixed a bug: after loading a saved game, an array wasn't initialized.
UserlevelHelperV1b.zip 830kb

Fixed for Colobot: Gold Edition 0.1.7b
I don't know if others have had this problem, but with both of your versions, Colobot runs into an error when loading the level.  

It tries to load, and then a small window pops up, saying "Error creating object type 213".  It does this, and it also changes many window and menus colors s bleak gray.

Would you know how to fix this?  I want to use your tool! Thank you
(04-19-2016, 11:30 PM)speedyblupi Wrote: I don't know if others have had this problem, but with both of your versions, Colobot runs into an error when loading the level.

It tries to load, and then a small window pops up, saying "Error creating object type 213". It does this, and it also changes many window and menus colors s bleak gray.

Would you know how to fix this? I want to use your tool! Thank you
I couldn't reproduce that. The only error I got was because it couldn't find terrain.txt file (which doesn't exist). I've commented that #include line and everything works.
Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]
As far as I know, the "Error creating object type 213" will only happen with 0.1.6 version of the game.
This can't be fixed in the userlevel, but it works for me with all newer versions.

I have seen this grey color bug before, it is something to do with FogStart and DeepView in scene.txt.
It's inconsistent and doesn't affect everyone.
I've fixed it with this before:
DeepView air=99.00 water=25.00
FogStart air=0.9 water=0.1

I've also had problems with #Include not working with %lvl% or something.
If #Include statement in scene.txt is replaced with the contents of terrain.txt it should work.
terrain.txt should be in the root of the .zip file.
Thanks. I'll try it with the new version tomorrow. I actually just updated tonight. 
There's still a bunch of sound bugs when you get deeper into gameplay. Sounds only play their undertones, or not at all. And when trying to load certain saved user levels, colobot aborts the load, and the game closes. Those are two bugs with The new version that are from 0.1.6. 

Thanks again!
Object type 213 is the LevelController script. There was a bug in 0.1.6 where this script didn't work at all, because some code related to creating it was lost somewhere. Should work fine in 0.1.7.
Sorry to bother you again.

But the first two programs in the WingedGrabber's menu are errors.

it highlights

"int[] types=null'

and claims it is wrong type for this assignment. This is for Plant_Trees and Plant_One_Tree

What should i do to fix this?
Each one of these should work in that spot.

int[] types;

int[] types = null; // doesn't work with 0.1.7b but it's been fixed since then.

int types[];

int types[] = null; // crashes with 0.1.7b but it's been fixed since then.

EDIT: Updated UserlevelHelperV1b.zip to address this issue.