Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Feature] Achievements
Is a nice idea would be to introduce achievements to the game? In this way the game would not get bored so quickly Smile

Here I have prepared a list of achievements Smile

PROGRAMING
  • May be CBOT be with you - Write your first working program.
  • Programmer - Write 10 working programs.
  • CBOT Developer - Write 100 working programs.
  • 2ez4me - Win in Code Battle
                     ---------------------------------------
  • Illegal Functions - Write your own working program with cheat functions.

SOCIAL
  • Social - Download and Install Modification from Forum(/Steam?) Workshop.
  • Modder - Make and Share your own Modification Forum(/Steam?) Workshop.

LEVELS
  • Most thrilling adventure - Run the first mission.
  • We have Liftoff! - Fly away from Earth
  • One small step - Find the remains of the Apollo mission.
  • Unkown Planet - Land on Tropica. An unknown planet covered by unkown life forms.
  • Non-Freezer - Land on Crystalium. An planet covered with (material?) crystals.
  • Mars-Based - Land on Saari. An Mars-like Planet.
  • Oceans of Lava - Land on Volcano. An Hot Planet.
  • Need for Cell - Land on Centaury. An Planet which not have any energy fields.
  • Too many Thunders - Land on Orpheon. An Dangerous Planet with having the electromagnetic discharges.
  • TT - Land of Terranova. An Earth-like Planet which is our last hope for humanity.
  • Programing Master - Complete All Missions using programing ONLY.
  • Against the Rules - Complete All missions WITHOUT any program.
  • You Win! - Complete All Missions.
  • Signs of the Past - Find all remnants of the Previous Expedition.
  • Reading the past - Run the first Retrospection Mission.
  • Chronicles of the Past - Finish all Retrospection Missions.
  • Practicer - Complete All Exercises.
  • Challenger - Complete All Challenges.
  • Time Attack - Download and Run any Race Level.
  • Epsitec's Mascot - Download and Run any Blupi Level.

OFFENSIVE
  • First Kill - Kill first Insect.
  • Killer - Kill 100 Insects.
  • Slayer - Kill 250 Insects.
  • Puryfirer - Kill 500 Insects.
  • Battle-Scared - Kill 1000 Insects.
  • Terminator - Kill 2500 Insects.
  • Exterminator - Kill 5000 Insects
  • Inhuman - Kill 10000 Insects.
  • Executor - Kill 25000 Insects.
  • Alien Reaper - Kill 50000 Insects.
  • Smack! - Kill first AlienAnt.
  • Trodden Ants - Kill 10 AlienAnts.
  • Trodden Ant Workers - Kill 25 AlienAnts.
  • Trodden Ant Queen - Kill 50 AlienAnts.
  • Trodden Anthill - Kill 100 AlienAnts.
  • Strings - Kill first AlienSpider.
  • Ropes - Kill 10 AlienSpiders.
  • Chains - Kill 25 AlienSpiders.
  • Cowebs - Kill 50 AlienSpiders.
  • Silks - Kill 100 AlienSpiders.
  • Houseflies - Kill first AlienWasp.
  • Slap! - Kill 10 AlienWasps.
  • Whisk - Kill 25 AlienWasps.
  • Grid for the flies - Kill 50 AlienWasps.
  • Stun light - Kill 100 AlienWasps.
  • Virus detected - Kill first AlienWorm.
  • Virus Unistaller - Kill 10 AlienWorms.
  • Virus Cleaner - Kill 25 AlienWorms.
  • Firewall - Kill 50 AlienWorms.
  • Antivirus - Kill 100 AlienWorms.
  • Dethronement - Kill the AlienQueen.

PROGRESS
  • Building Master - Unlock all Buildings.
  • Discoverer - Research all Plans in Research Center.
  • Scientist - Analyse all Plans in Autolab.
  • Robotics Master - Unlock All Robots in Bot Factory.
  • The End - Unlock All Achievments.

SECRET
  • Cheater - Discover the secret page on SatCom.
  • Lost Companion - Discover the Robbie EasterEgg.
  • Junkie - Discover the Scrap Objects.
  • The Lion King - Download and Run Alludo.
  • Contributor - Write the commit that will be accepted by the developers and added to the game.
  • Name from the Gods - Name as one of the TT developers.
  • That's hurts... - 'Rage-Quit' the game.
  • Houston, we have a problem - Crash the game.
Sorry for my English
[Image: 76561198127157465.png]
Maybe after UI refactoring, since making it work with current UI might be quite hard and it will be pointless if we're gonna switch to CEGUI, that will need to probably write it once again.
Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]
Achievments are a great idea, but they will probably have to wait until a later stage of development.

About the list itself:
  • "No more thunders" makes no sense because it is the only one given on takeoff instead of landing (except for Earth, but that one makes sense)
  • "The end" will always be granted along with another one. It may look weird to get two achievements at once.
  • 100 insects may not be enough, we probably need more tiers of offensive acievments
  • Programming Master would be currently impossible to get. What do you consider as "programming only", would moving a bot by mistake ruin the whole thing?
  • "Win in code battle" easy, just make opponent program run into the water Tongue
(03-05-2016, 01:37 PM)krzys_h Wrote:
  • "No more thunders" makes no sense because it is the only one given on takeoff instead of landing (except for Earth, but that one makes sense)
Too many Thunders - Land on Orfenia. An Dangerous Planet with having the electromagnetic discharges.
  • "The end" will always be granted along with another one. It may look weird to get two achievements at once.
Maybe remove it?
Beacuse I have no idea to solve this problem.
  • 100 insects may not be enough, we probably need more tiers of offensive acievments
First Kill - Kill first Insect.
Killer - Kill 10 Insects.
Slayer - Kill 25 Insects.
Puryfirer - Kill 50 Insects.
Battle-Scared - Kill 100 Insects.
Terminator - Kill 250 Insects.
Exterminator - Kill 500 Insects
Inhuman - Kill 1000 Insects.
Executor - Kill 2500 Insects.
Alien Reaper - Kill 5000 Insects.
  • (..) What do you consider as "programming only", would moving a bot by mistake ruin the whole thing?
Yes.
  • "Win in code battle" easy, just make opponent program run into the water Tongue
Maybe minimal time limit or requirements for this achievement?
Sorry for my English
I think achievements are worthless without the SteamWorks API or any other platform-specific reward system like XBox Live or Google Play Services. Since they are impossible to work with in open source projects due to licensing issues, I see no need for achievements whatsoever unless we build our own server infrastructure and force users to create accounts and synchronize their profiles online, which is not only not achievable for us, but also not a good idea at all.
[Image: XvN5CTW.png] [Image: UYXyyMS.png]
@Simbax, the achievements could be local. If you don't make them "competitive", players won't have a reason to cheat/modify the files. The downside is that boasting about your achievements on the forum will mean nothing. Another problem is how to treat achievement progression when the player uses cheat codes?

Alternatively, instead of building a separate infrastructure with its own server and user accounts, why not use this forum? Achievements could be optional, but require players to log in using their forum credentials. This way you avoid duplication and in addition, you can integrate achievements into forums in a form of flairs or something.
(03-05-2016, 03:27 PM)CHmSID Wrote: the achievements could be local

I've stopped reading after that. What would be the purpose of them then? They would be as useless as they are in Minecraft -- no one would care about them. Implementing them is a waste of time and energy.

About using forum, I still think that forcing (or not, whatever) players to log in to some another online account (for a single player game moreover!) just for the sake of it is wrong.

What would the players gain from implementing achievements sloppily just because? If you want a reward system for beating the game, then think of something better and more creative, about the design of the game, instead of such a silly thing like worthless achievements popups, which do not prove anything anyway, because most of the time they can be done by cheating.
[Image: XvN5CTW.png] [Image: UYXyyMS.png]
Well, I'd prefer some more original achievements than just "kill enough aliens" or "turn off computer when you are dead because of playing this game". Simply as "find all previous expedition's wreckages" or "discover Robbie EasterEgg" should be reasonable I think. But yeah, this isn't a work for now, even not for a GOLD Beta. This should be considered only in final or release candidate GOLD's build.
(03-05-2016, 06:59 PM)RaptorParkowsky Wrote: ... turn off computer when you are dead because of playing this game" (...) "find all previous expedition's wreckages" or "discover Robbie EasterEgg" ...
Good ideas Smile

(03-05-2016, 06:59 PM)RaptorParkowsky Wrote: ... this isn't a work for now, even not for a GOLD Beta. This should be considered only in final or release candidate GOLD's build.
Thats why I don't issued this yet Tongue

Updated the list Smile
Sorry for my English
  • Programming Master would be currently impossible to get. What do you consider as "programming only", would moving a bot by mistake ruin the whole thing?

Hardcore achievments exist and they're quite prestigious. Perfect for digital masochists.

(03-05-2016, 04:21 PM)Simbax Wrote:
(03-05-2016, 03:27 PM)CHmSID Wrote: the achievements could be local

I've stopped reading after that. What would be the purpose of them then? They would be as useless as they are in Minecraft -- no one would care about them. Implementing them is a waste of time and energy.

Local achievments may be pointless for some, but personally I'll try to hunt down any achievment possible, regardless it's online or local one. I simply enjoy additional challenge and I'm not the only "achievment whore" in existence.
Si vis pace, para bellum.

I may be a bit late, but shouldn't there be programming achievements? Because IMHO none of what I saw here seems to be reasonable at all. For example: 1) cooperate multiple robots to accomplish the goal faster than you would do even on your own, 2) organize impervious all-round defense on really uneven terrain with just minimum robots, 3) send caravan carrying X titanium ore bits through dangerous area and lose no bots. Of course, it will all go with new missions where programming bots WILL make you life easier, unlike in these original ones where you don't even have anything to achieve.
One achievement I would LOVE to see in a potential Steam release of Colobot would be a secret one where you have to bring LRV with you all the way to the last level ("Preserving History" or something). Smile Assuming of course that it would be possible to condition LRV's presence in levels depending on the player's actions.