Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Idea] Position Randomizer for LevelController
Refresh of this thread.
Sorry for my English
[Image: 76561198127157465.png]
You can use the cheat command produce() in a program with random coordinates for this, so you can for example place in scene.txt an unreachable bot or alien (maybe underground somehow? not sure if "h=-Value" works for stuff other than decoration) , with script that spawns items on start and does nothing else.
CreateObject pos=-800;-800 dir type=AlienAnt script1="%lvl%/SPAWNRANDOMSTUFF.TXT" run=1 selectable=0

Not sure if it works for decoration items though, because of their their (lack of) categories, probably no Sad

For Colobot: Gold Edition check out my TrueLevels level pack, UI Texture replacement pack and Sound Effect replacement pack.
Trailer for TrueLevels and my youtube channel here. Cheers!
For decorations you need to insert object number, like produce(654);
Full list at https://github.com/colobot/colobot/blob/...ect_type.h
Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]
(04-27-2016, 11:32 AM)True Destroyer Wrote: an unreachable bot or alien (maybe underground somehow? not sure if "h=-Value" works for stuff other than decoration) , with script that spawns items on start and does nothing else.
CreateObject pos=-800;-800 dir type=AlienAnt script1="%lvl%/SPAWNRANDOMSTUFF.TXT" run=1 selectable=0
This is what LevelController is for:
Code:
LevelController script="%lvl%/SPAWNRANDOMSTUFF.TXT"
I think it's a good time to document this LevelController aka "GhostBot" thingie and other scene related stuff somewhere. Maybe we should do some pages about creating (user-)levels in SatCom instead of Wiki, GDD, etc.

I think it would be easy and quick enough to just "port" and update original PDF document about creating (user-)levels. Then every chapter would be different SatCom page, there would be also images from original PDF (if I remember correct, in ceebot.zip there was all images from that PDF in better quality).

Porting that PDF would be good start for making it up-to-date. It will be enough easy to add something there, update or translate this.