The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Idea] Entity with no model or collision sphere, that can run scripts
The idea is to implement a logic entity that could be put in scene txt and run programs, but wont be accesible ingame.
edit:
Solved by Emxx52, it already exists. To anyone interested try

CreateObject pos=10;10 dir=1 type=MissionController script1="%lvl%/TEST1.TXT" run=1 selectable=0

Old stuff below.
Spoiler :
CreateObject pos=314.25;250 dir=1 type=EventEntity script1="%lvl%/DoStuff1.TXT" run=1 selectable=0
This could handle different mission events. Regular objects in game can't run programs. (If that was the case I'd run a global program on any cactus)
Lazy solution - enable greenery or other static items to run programs on them, via scene.txt file.

Regular solution:
This could be possibly achieved easily by duplicating AlienAnt definition, changing name and deleting 90% of references to model, animations, collision sphere etc which should not take that much time but gives a neat tool for level design.

I had to use stationary aliens for this in my missions, and pretend that they're standing still for artistic reasons.

For Colobot: Gold Edition check out my TrueLevels level pack, UI Texture replacement pack and Sound Effect replacement pack.
Trailer for TrueLevels and my youtube channel here. Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
[Idea] Entity with no model or collision sphere, that can run scripts - by True Destroyer - 04-27-2016, 12:36 PM