Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OS X Trouble
My friend just installed colobot gold master 0.1.7b OSX. Installation went well. When he tries to start up, mac tries to start, but just stops, and colobot doesn't start. How can he fix this?
Seems to work fine for me under OS X 10.11.6 on MBA mid-2013. Can your friend post what the Console.app says about Colobot? This could help us determine what the problem is.
[Image: 76561198011930439.png]
"But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying 'till you ran out of cake" - GLaDOS
(06-14-2016, 08:48 PM)Schocker Wrote: Seems to work fine for me under OS X 10.11.6 on MBA mid-2013. Can your friend post what the Console.app says about Colobot? This could help us determine what the problem is.

[INFO]: CApplication created successfully
[ERROR]: SDL_Image initialization error:
Failed loading libpng.dylib: dlopen(libpng.dylib, 6): image not foundERROR: SDL_Image initialization error:
Failed loading libpng.dylib: dlopen(libpng.dylib, 6): image not found
Same happened to me. It is related to SDL libraries, not being found on the system. In order to solve this you need to follow the first steps described here:

Install Xcode

Then in terminal run the following commands:

Code:
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"

Code:
brew install cmake sdl2 sdl2_image sdl2_ttf boost glew physfs flac libsndfile libvorbis vorbis-tools gettext libicns librsvg wget

As soon as I didi this Colobot started working straight away in my MBP Retina Mid-14.