• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CoLoBoT 15th Anniversary Video
Video 
That presents the video for now:
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/AqPpB2qTEPA[/video]
https://youtu.be/AqPpB2qTEPA

What could be add/change/remove?
Or make a new one?

I do not know whether I did by making this topic. I might as well write a post to the topic above. But this is just my speculations.
Sorry for my English
[Image: 76561198127157465.png]
First scene - I would change it slightly. Decoding of BlackBox would looks like "What is it? I'll better decode it. [...] Huh, so it says that first version of Colobot was released on 3 November 2001? ... Wait! It's exactly 15 years ago!", then some party, (it would require to modify source code and mess a bit with code) Shooter shoot (shortly, like fire(0.1)Wink to cake, igniting candles on it (so it create "lights" on candles when it's damaged, but it cannot be destroyed. Is it possible to do?), some "Happy Birthday" inscriptions on banner, gifts in hands of Me and Techs, maybe also Grabbers, and so on. Then comes up our personal wishes, letter to everyone who contributed in making this game or something. Finally logos, and Gold 0.1.9 release mentions.
About "Did you know" part - I'm not sure if it even fits, as we want to improve graphics, while it says "we'll keep these 15-years old assets".
I wanted to expand this video, as it's round anniversary, it happen once in a lifetime. I need opinions about it, if it's even possible to do in these 3 weeks.
Spoiler :
[Image: unknown.png]
(10-13-2016, 10:58 PM)tomangelo Wrote: I would change it slightly. Decoding of BlackBox would looks like "What is it? I'll better decode it. [...] Huh, so it says that first version of Colobot was released on 3 November 2001? ... Wait! It's exactly 15 years ago!"
A similar idea I had in my concept-arts. But dialogues had to look in the form of balloons.

(10-13-2016, 10:58 PM)tomangelo Wrote: Shooter shoot (shortly, like fire(0.1); ) to cake, igniting candles on it (so it create "lights" on candles when it's damaged, but it cannot be destroyed. Is it possible to do?)
I have an idea to work around this problem. Make a Cake Model on The table and replace with building model (I preffer BotFactory or ExchangePost). As for the fire on a candle that it can be done in Vegas Pro/Camtasia.

(10-13-2016, 10:58 PM)tomangelo Wrote: some "Happy Birthday" inscriptions on banner, gifts in hands of Me and Techs, maybe also Grabbers, and so on.
I can replace the current subtitles under the logo. As for the gifts that I can use this model which has just been used in video.
And the rest is a formality to write in the CBOT.

(10-13-2016, 10:58 PM)tomangelo Wrote: Then comes up our personal wishes, letter to everyone who contributed in making this game or something.
I'm very bad at creating these types of text. All I can do is paste the existing text to video.

(10-13-2016, 10:58 PM)tomangelo Wrote: About "Did you know" part - I'm not sure if it even fits, as we want to improve graphics, while it says "we'll keep these 15-years old assets".
It would be better that I removed that part of the video?

(10-13-2016, 10:58 PM)tomangelo Wrote: ... if it's even possible to do in these 3 weeks.
The first preview I was created in 3 days from scratch (of course, based on the concept). The next previews took me next 3 days. For me is possible to make this in 3 weeks.
Sorry for my English
As a table it would be OrgaLab, or PowerStation (or other building that you might put any object on it), then it could be possible to something like putting a cake on the table, or something. Any building might be used though, only limitation could be crashspheres of buildings.
And with these personal wishes, letters and stuff - I hope someone with good hand to writing such texts would help with that.
With this "Did you know" - wait with that, maybe someone will have another idea how to change it.
Spoiler :
I feel a little empty-brain in the case of of the script for new promotional video. And basically I don't like it to be just another funny machinima scenes. I would prefer more mature video than any machinima that look like more a comedy series about Colobot's stuff. Of course @DavivaD done good work and put some ideas that feels "CoLoBoT", but just like @tomangelo once said in ShoutBox - this looks just like another Harlem Shake, which from the beginning was nothing more than developer's joke video. And I think we would create more such humorous promo videos using game's engine and implementing new features for creating such scenes, but not this time in the case of CoLoBoT's 15th Anniversary.

I would only show some real gameplay and comparisons between new and old. In the background there would be some original Colobot's music and some announcements and descriptions in Kabel font to stay as close to original as possible. This shouldn't be like another trailer with bombastic music and editing or anything like that. Just some kind of summary video, maybe even with some kind of timeline that shows what happened through all these years, some screenshots and concept drawings that can be found in ceebot.zip or on the Internet (old Colobot website and PPC portal + Colonization project that we worked few years ago before we got the source code), some gameplay footage from CeeBots etc. And then at the end new (a little bit more polished) renders of the logos that I done for 0.1.6 promotional video and that's it.

I think this basically doesn't need to be more than that.
Quick draw:
  • "15 years ago, in 3 November 2001 a new game - Colobot - was born"
  • Some shots from original in background
  • "It was interesting combination of RTS and FPP game, where you can control only one character in a moment, but at the same time you're controlling all of them"
  • Shots when player manually control Me, and in same time robots are wandering around, carrying resources, shooters patrol area, etc
  • "It was possible thanks to possibility to write own scripts for bots in CBOT - mix of C++ and Java, adapted for teaching purposes."
  • Shots of coding, some example programs, debugger in action
  • "It allowed game to be used in schools as funny way to make first steps into programming. For many people it was inspiration to make further steps to more serious programming"
  • Successes of original game, maybe some trivias
  • "Thanks to possibility to create custom levels and widespread possibilities of CBOT, community created a lot of interesting maps and scripts"
  • Examples of some userlevels, programs (may be in form of list)
  • After a while of pause "We want to say thanks to everyone, who contributed in making this game."
  • List of everyone, maybe with short description of what did he do (there was something like that somewhere on forum)
  • "And thanks to everyone else who wasn't mentioned here, but his work was also important for what Colobot is today."
  • No idea what could be in background, maybe just black screen
  • "Your work won't pass unnoticed."
  • There could be shots of Gold edition, with new textures, models, maybe graphic engines, something about "We'll continue your legacy in our project, Colobot: Gold Edition", etc.
  • No idea what next
In background some ambient music.

How would you rate it?
Spoiler :
@tomangelo That sounds awesome! I'd just make the part about Gold Edition longer, mentioning all the new elements, especially the ones that will be introduced in anniversary update
I would also increase it slightly, I just hadn't good idea what exactly put there, also I wanted to post it quickly to know if it's even worth further developing.
Spoiler :
So... make this video according to @tomangelo concept or wait until something will change?
Sorry for my English
Maybe wait until we'll have more detailed plan about how it should looks like (especially this Gold edition moment), also maybe somebody else could have some another ideas. If no one will report any objections until Monday, then you can start. We can't wait infinitely too.
Spoiler :
I think you should wait until the whole concept will be done, some stuff also needs to be finished (our main problem are currently HD models). And we should prepare as highest quality content as possible for this. It would be easier to just stick with HD 720p resolution for every source material and footage. I don't think FullHD 1080p will be good looking for every material that we might want to show in this video. Personally I hate when some shots have pixelated/jpeg compressed stuff and the rest of it looks ok in the final video's resoultion. ARGH, I hate this so much...

I can search and prepare a package with all possibly interesting screenshots and concept images from ceebot.zip and our canceled Colonization project. I can remind there was some good quality screenshots from the Colobot beta the Daniel Roux original hand drawn concept art of the Thumper. These needs to be shown to public!

Video footage from the game(s) should be taken in 1024x768 resolution. In the final render of the video there should be no upscaling to the 1280x720. Basically I hate seeing messed UI and squashed planet textures on the sky in these games like we did it in any previous videos. I think we should use just normal black stripes on the sides of image or other kind of autofilling empty space. And there's ability to enable MSAA while playing original Colobot and CeeBot games (at least in Nvidia Control Panel you can turn it on for every 3D application). And please, record it in stable 30fps without any framedrops. That's all what always bothered me in our previous videos.
I don't think Colonization is even worth mentioning. It wasn't really anything special, especially compared to Gold Edition.

Like I mentioned in ShoutBox, I can make the game render stable 60 FPS to image files (why limit it to 30 if it's so easy to get more, the game usually runs at 60 FPS in real time for me). Sound would be a bit harder to get in that scenario, but I don't think it's really strictly necessary for this video.
(10-14-2016, 10:30 PM)RaptorParkowsky Wrote: And there's ability to enable MSAA while playing original Colobot and CeeBot games (at least in Nvidia Control Panel you can turn it on for every 3D application). And please, record it in stable 30fps without any framedrops. That's all what always bothered me in our previous videos.
There is a small problem with that. Currently I don't have the graphics card. I will not record having Intel Tongue .

(10-14-2016, 10:44 PM)krzys_h Wrote: Sound would be a bit harder to get in that scenario, but I don't think it's really strictly necessary for this video.
Can it be this - http://www.flashkit.com/loops/Ambient/So.../index.php ?
Sorry for my English
Of course for GOLD we could do better quality footage just by rendering every frame to PNG stills, but still planets on the sky and UI will be squashed in other than 4:3 resolution. And what about the other Colobot/CeeBot games? I don't think we really need more than stable 30fps in this particular video. Especially when we don't have so much time for recording, editing and rendering huge FullHD video because we were in sleeping mode whole holidays and the main thread about 15th Anniversary was silent for so long.
Less and less time. Any ideas?
I have an ideas to expand @tomangelo idea but it is rather poor...
Sorry for my English
Give it here, there will be always some ideas that might enlighten someone and develop it further.
Spoiler :
(10-14-2016, 03:38 PM)tomangelo Wrote: ...
  • "And thanks to everyone else who wasn't mentioned here, but his work was also important for what Colobot is today."
  • - In background may be a sliding down list of the all users of the forum.
  • "Because we are creating a ICC (or TT) Team."
  • - ICC or TT logo in background
  • "We are creating the Espitec legacy"
  • - Some shots from GOLD showing splash screenes in background
  • "With new"
  • - Some shots from GOLD showing splash screenes in background (again)
  • "Models" (fast)
  • - Some shots from Blender and GOLD showing models
  • "Sounds" (fast)
  • - No idea to show this
  • "Shaders" (fast)
  • - Some shots from GOLD showing all opengl engines in background
  • "Languages" (fast)
  • - Some shots from GOLD showing language select in background
  • "Levels" (fast)
  • - Some shots from GOLD showing the codebattle in background
  • "and CBOT commands!" (fast)
  • - Some shots from GOLD showing writing the program for bot with new commands in background
  • black screen
  • "We are creating..."
  • - black background
  • GOLD logo
  • "Join to us"
  • "It's completely free"
  • - shots from sliding down colobot.info site
  • "And keep alive the legacy with us"
  • - black background
  • "See you on colobot.info"
  • - black background
  • "may the CBOT be with you"
  • - black background
  • Promo renders of GOLD, TT and ICC
  • Gold 0.1.9 release mentions
End of idea.
Music: https://youtu.be/QpR4p41F8G4
Sorry for my English
That part with "And thanks to everyone else who wasn't mentioned here, but his work was also important for what Colobot is today." was directed to everyone else, who contributed in developing original Colobot somehow and wasn't included on list, as there is about "their legacy will be continued in new project", there is point where we first time mention about Gold. But in general it's good, IMHO after that there might be:
* "And thanks to everyone else who wasn't mentioned here, but his work was also important for what Colobot is today."
* Still no idea, maybe just leave there black screen
* "Your work won't pass unnoticed."
* Logos of ICC and TT appear.
* "We're ICC. We're TT. We'll finish what you started"
* Some shots from GOLD showing splash screens in background
And so on, like @DavivaD proposed.
Spoiler :
Updated concept:
(10-14-2016, 03:38 PM)tomangelo Wrote:
  • "15 years ago, in 3 November 2001 a new game - Colobot - was born"
  • Some shots from original in background
  • "It was interesting combination of RTS and FPP game, where you can control only one character in a moment, but at the same time you're controlling all of them"
  • Shots when player manually control Me, and in same time robots are wandering around, carrying resources, shooters patrol area, etc
  • "It was possible thanks to possibility to write own scripts for bots in CBOT - mix of C++ and Java, adapted for teaching purposes."
  • Shots of coding, some example programs, debugger in action
  • "It allowed game to be used in schools as funny way to make first steps into programming. For many people it was inspiration to make further steps to more serious programming"
  • Successes of original game, maybe some trivias
  • "Thanks to possibility to create custom levels and widespread possibilities of CBOT, community created a lot of interesting maps and scripts"
  • Examples of some userlevels, programs (may be in form of list)
  • After a while of pause "We want to say thanks to everyone, who contributed in making this game."
  • List of everyone, maybe with short description of what did he do (there was something like that somewhere on forum)
  • - Espitec logo (or colobot creators in sliding down list) in background
(10-24-2016, 03:49 PM)tomangelo Wrote:
  • "their legacy will be continued in new project"
  • Logos of ICC and TT appear.
  • "We're ICC. We're TT. We'll finish what you started"
  • - Slowly appearing Some shots from GOLD showing splash screenes in background
(10-24-2016, 03:42 PM)DavivaD Wrote:
  • "With new"
  • - Some shots from GOLD showing splash screenes in background (again)
  • "Models" (fast)
  • - Some shots from Blender and GOLD showing models
  • "Sounds" (fast)
  • - No idea to show this
  • "Shaders" (fast)
  • - Some shots from GOLD showing all opengl engines in background
  • "Languages" (fast)
  • - Some shots from GOLD showing language select in background
  • "Levels" (fast)
  • - Some shots from GOLD showing the codebattle in background
  • "and CBOT commands!" (fast)
  • - Some shots from GOLD showing writing the program for bot with new commands in background
  • black screen
  • "We are creating..."
  • - black background
  • GOLD logo
  • "Join to us"
  • "It's completely free"
  • "And keep alive the legacy with us"
  • - black background
  • "See you on colobot.info"
  • - black background
  • "may the CBOT be with you"
  • - black background
  • Promo renders of GOLD, TT and ICC
  • Gold 0.1.9 release mentions
Music: Mind Heist or Barren Wastelands or 2002
Sorry for my English
(10-25-2016, 02:26 PM)DavivaD Wrote: Music: Mind Heist or Barren Wastelands or 2002

First one is on commercial license, so we can use it only if we buy this track. Other two I couldn't find.
Spoiler :