Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can´t change any graphical options.
Hello,
if I change the render distance,the number of particles,the anisotropy level or the texture filtering my game crashes instantly.No crash message at all.I´m running Linux 1.8 official if that plays a role.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over

Debugging code is a tricky problem and I use DDD and GDB on Linux as well as Eclipse on Windows and Linux.
If you are familiar with C++ and a core dump it is easy enough to set a breakpoint at the point where changes are made and follow it to the crash.
Oops, you mean you changed them in the options panel I suppose... so I tested that, but I have been running those controls all over the place for days to look for bugs and none have appeared.
I am running Linux as well, however things that involve OpenGL really depend on many things like the device driver you are using and how your hardware works. There are hundreds, if not thousands of graphic cards and software features vary wildly.
I have had no trouble with the game software and I have done some REALLY harsh things to the game code to see what the render limit is.
I have created 300 high poly models and animated them with 6 running bots and 2,000 objects strewn across the landscape as well as modifying the terrain to create sink holes and made textures that are 2048x2048 and have yet to break the code.
I would guess that your hardware does not support the changes you are making.
Hope that helps.
Though I only want to turn the particles back on, which turned themself off.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour

Try to delete the colobot.ini file and setup all things again. What's your graphic card and do you use any official drivers for it?
My graphic card is so bad, that the medium quality is worse then the bad one on Gold.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour

Could you post some details about your graphics card? I'm sure we can figure out something, even if your hardware is old it still manages to run Colobot.
"After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless."
~The Tao of Programming