Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ant Program Trouble
Hello all!

It's been a long time, but I am back at making levels, in the process of making Geti-Alpha, and it should be good.

I incorporated the program of the ants in Tropica 3, Saari 1, etc. (ants guard around a certain point until you come near them) into my level.  But for some reason, when I start the level, all the ants come marching toward me, and attack the SpaceShip.  Something must be wrong eith my level, but I don't know what.  Does somebody have an idea?  Sad Is robocat04's roamer script for my ants a good choice for what I am trying to accomplish?  Help is very much appreciated!

Thanks, 

speedyblupi
Would be better if you posted in the topic about that script, but OK... Could you, please, show me your CreateObject strings for these ants so I could see what's wrong?
P.S. There was small update of the script just now. Some little water fix.
(11-23-2017, 08:01 AM)robocat04 Wrote: Would be better if you posted in the topic about that script, but OK...  Could you, please, show me your CreateObject strings for these ants so I could see what's wrong?
P.S. There was small update of the script just now. Some little water fix.

Good news! I no longer need help, as I used your roamer program, its awesome!  Thanks so much, you will be given credit when my user planet is released.  

speedyblupi
Glad to know it. Though I misunderstood you and thought that there is a problem with roamer script.

Now, about ants with original scripts marching towards your SpaceShip... You did not write "cmdline=position.x;position.y;range" in scene.txt along with CreateObject type=AlienAnt stuff. These original scripts always take these coordinates and the range from cmdline, and if you don't write any then cmdline gives to script 0 for each value. Therefore these scripts receive 0, 0, 0 values and ants go to 0;0 coordinates with 0 range.