Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with OpenGL on Windows10
Question 
There is problem with version 0.1.9alpha on windows 10 (either with install version or win64 package).
It says that there is no OpenGL version 1.3, but there is OpenGL 2.1 with support 1.3, here is screen shots

It seems you have Microsoft's generic Intel drivers. Microsoft's OpenGL support is still in the late 90's. Your hardware does support OpenGL 2.1 so you have to install newest original Intel drivers dedicated to your intergrated graphics card. Then Colobot: Gold Edition should work just fine.
There is a known problem with access to hardware accelerated OpenGL on Windows 10. You can try setting the game's properties to backward compatibility with older system, like Windows 7, but there's no guarantee that this will work.
"After three days without programming, life becomes meaningless."
~The Tao of Programming
(02-25-2017, 10:33 AM)RaptorParkowsky Wrote: It seems you have Microsoft's generic Intel drivers. Microsoft's OpenGL support is still in the late 90's. Your hardware does support OpenGL 2.1 so you have to install newest original Intel drivers dedicated to your intergrated graphics card. Then Colobot: Gold Edition should work just fine.

No, there are Intel drivers, I've override Microsoft's drivers via Windows Test Mode. 
BTW there is Windows 7 driver because Intel doesn't support this hardware any more.

(02-25-2017, 04:36 PM)tomaszkax86 Wrote: There is a known problem with access to hardware accelerated OpenGL on Windows 10. You can try setting the game's properties to backward compatibility with older system, like Windows 7, but there's no guarantee that this will work.

How can I do this?

Here are more screen shots, Inter Graphics driver and OpenGL testing results

(02-26-2017, 12:13 PM)kakhao Wrote:
(02-25-2017, 04:36 PM)tomaszkax86 Wrote: There is a known problem with access to hardware accelerated OpenGL on Windows 10. You can try setting the game's properties to backward compatibility with older system, like Windows 7, but there's no guarantee that this will work.

How can I do this?

You need to enter properties of the executable file or a shortcut to it, there's the Compatibility tab. There you can enable compatibility with older Windows.

However, since you use drivers for previous version of the system, it might not work at all.
~The Tao of Programming
Previous versions didn't work.
Very strange that OpenGL test recognizes 2.1 version OpenGL but Colobot doesn't.
It doesn't work because you are looking on the wrong "Previous Versions" tab of the Colobot binary/shortcut properties as I can see in the screenshot. As @tomaszkax86 said you should look on the "Compatibility" tab in the same window and switch compatibility mode to Windows XP or Windows 7 or even another version of the Windows tha exist on the list.

But still if there's no official Intel drivers for this GPU and Windows 10 it's possible it won't work at all in this version of Windows.
I heard there are many people who complain that OpenGL doesn't work on their Windows 10 machine. So far there are no clues to what exactly causes the problem. Might be something with SDL, might be something with Windows, might be something with drivers. You should probably download some testing program and see if it tells you you can use OpenGL 2.1 or it's just another case of generic drivers.
~The Tao of Programming
I have exactly same problem. Latest drivers for Intel Graphics 3000 running on Windows 10 x64 bit version. Colobot crashes with Open GL. Message is showing that OpenGL is in version 1.1.0