Colobot Forum - International Colobot Community

Full Version: Unwinable mission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I noticed a bug which makes the game unbeatable.
How to reproduce it:
1.Unlock all missions til the third mission of the planet Crystalium(the fourth planet).
2.Play the third mission of Crystalium.
3.Do exactly what the SatCom tells you to do.
4.Notice,that at a certain point the bot you have to chase flys in cyrcles until it's battery is empty.

Versions on which this bug appears:
1.7b Windows version(used with PlayOnLinux/.wine)
1.8 Linux version
It hasn´t been tested in other versions of the game.

Way to get past it before fixed:
Download a random userlevel,with more than 3 missions, copy the folder in which the level is saved into into this directory
on Linux: home/.local/share/colobot/mods/fix/levels/missions/
on Windows(not 100% sure): C:/Programs/colobot/data/mods/fix/levels/missions/
and rename that file to chapter004
How to find the files into which the userlevel is saved into?
It´s in this directory: (mod)/levels/custom/(planetname).
After that part of the planet or the whole planet will be replaced by the userlevel.
Confirmed and issued to the GitHub, but remember about our general rules about posting the bug reports etc. https://colobot.info/contact/

Probably this will be fixed with next release.

If you don't want report about bugs to the GitHub issues webpage for some reason then you can just mention about this bug to the ShoutBox I think. Then someone just test it on recent build and report to the right place. But don't make a mess on the forum please!

Now I can move this thread into the right section, because as you can clearly see there's no official section about posting bug reports on this forum. There's only technical help section which is defferent.