Shoutbox archive

Go to last read | Mark all read

I use different tools for different purposes.
Ye, but are you using for example the brush tool fro GIMP or something else?
You can restart it or load a savegame, after that you'll see the changes you made and saved.
You don't even have to restart the game, only the level.
I know GIMP, bt what GIMP tools are you using?
rly
rly?
Both minimap AND terrain are generated by the game on the fly from .png file you drew.
not the minimap
The terrain
I actually meant how to make hills inthe game etc.
Even more often you will make them from scratch. Do major details orientate yourself on, then get to smaller details. It goes somehow like that. No tool nor method is forbidden with reliefs!
You may want to cut parts of already done reliefs and place them on others, rotate them, play with their levels, thus creating new reliefs without picking a brush. This will not be enough though, so, then you will pick a brush and do more editing.
I myself use GIMP. Sometimes I use layers and save images as .xcf that "remembers" layers before exporting into plain .png.
@LRV, ha-ha, creating landscape is a lot of pain for me as well... But if you take the right tool and learn some tricks, it should be very possible for you then.
is it forbidden to ask people to remove bad reputation votes?
My main porblem is how to create landscape. Sad
If you fail to figure out how to setup userlevel creator to use it, look at how it's done in my Returbot mod.
I also very, very strongly recommend you to arm yourself with this: https://colobot.info/forum/showthread.php?tid=723