The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PowerCell Self-Destruct Glitch
I would like to report a strange glitch I found on COLOBOT GOLD. I do not know if this has already been fixed (the COLOBOT GOLD version I have is older), nor do I know if this was also in the original version, but it does happen in the version I currently own.

I call it the PowerCell Self-Destruct Glitch, which is exactly what it sounds like: the bot somehow destroys its own power cell. The glitch definitely happens on the programming exercise level "Flying Tower 1", untested on other levels. It is only achiveable with a WingedShooter (also possibly WingedOrgaShooter). It is caused by inserting this program into the bot:

extern void object::Glitch()
{
  jet(1);
  fire();
}

This causes the bot to barely hover above the ground, then it fires and somehow its power cell explodes. Strangely, the bot's power level is unaffected and operates normally. Attached is a screenshot, look at it and return to the page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, the bot's NuclearCell explodes. The explosion appears at the bot, yet the power cell appears several meters away.

Is this a known glitch, and is it already fixed in the new version?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
PowerCell Self-Destruct Glitch - by SpaceRocket - 05-03-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: PowerCell Self-Destruct Glitch - by tomangelo - 05-04-2015, 01:02 PM
RE: PowerCell Self-Destruct Glitch - by tomangelo - 05-04-2015, 01:22 PM
RE: PowerCell Self-Destruct Glitch - by Simbax - 06-18-2015, 07:01 PM